Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Brand New Begin Tour (Merch, Set List, Stuff Like That) • Page 5

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 1, 2016.

1. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

As a marketing tactic, this is genius - anyone who was on the fence about seeing them on their tour run over the next 6 months will make an extra effort to get out to a show for fears that there may not be too many more opportunities. That said, not entirely convinced that this isn't just trolling on their part...

2. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

mwY is actually the first opener & Greater Pyrenees is direct support.

3. benschuyler

Regular Prestigious

I was at the show. mewithoutYou was main support. Boom.

4. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

could have sworn I saw it the other way around somewhere, weird.

5. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

It's been reported by numerous people mwY opened... Don't know what this guys is on about

6. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

glad I'm not going crazy.

fenway89 likes this.
  7. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

As someone who doesn't really follow Brand New, how can they afford to be this...cryptic? They're really not that popular, are they really rich enough to just disappear for years and only play a few shows every once in a while? I saw someone saying they see the band more as a hobby, do the members have other careers? I just don't really get it

devenstonow likes this.
  8. I'm in Melbourne too! Hey!

9. Dan O'Neill

Regular

They sell out venues in seconds. Minutes at most. Brand New have a ravenous fanbase, despite their lack of mainstream popularity, their lack of a social media presence, and their overall cryptic-ness.

In fact, I think those things enhance their allure somehow.

10. Connor

Oh boy here we go again....

11. benschuyler Jun 2, 2016
    (Last edited: Jun 2, 2016)
    benschuyler

Regular Prestigious

I think it said on the venue's website and perhaps on their twitter that Greater Pyrenees was main support, however they were incorrect. The tour flyer had MWY as main support, and again, I attended the show. But sure, I don't know what I'm talking about.

AshlandATeam and Dan O'Neill like this.
  12. Dan O'Neill

Regular

The venue's website makes it pretty clear that mwY are main support. This poster and the show info both mention them first.

[​IMG]

13. I don't want to get my or fellow Australians hopes up but AJ Maddah is saying a Brand New tour is coming? I know he's said it a bunch of times but I can't help getting a bit excited :teethsmile:

14. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

like???

15. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I agree, I think the mysteriousness they keep about themselves is part of what enhances their popularity. Especially in this day and age where people feel entitled to know what's going on with their favorite bands, celebrities, athletes, etc with all the access people now have through social media.

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  16. devenstonow

Noobie

The real questions here. Jesse's wife seems to be fairly well off (fashion designer and has worked with Steph Curry), but it's not like they've been together for 10+ years. And that doesn't answer for the other guys.

17. devenstonow

Noobie

The problem is where does the line between being private/mysterious/cryptic and just being a dick to your fans get drawn? IMO Brand New REALLY skirt that line; I honestly believe they wouldn't have the instant sell-out-->scalper pipeline they do if they weren't as mysterious

18. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

How are they being a dick to their fans though? By keeping quiet? By not responding to every rumor? By not showing you their daily lives and giving you updates or talking to their fans via social media?

That's my whole point. They don't have to do any of those things. Just because we live in an age where most bands/artists/celebrities show off their entire life through social media with fans, doesn't mean EVERY one has to do it.

I respect the fact that they like to keep everything private. We are not entitled to know everything that is going on all the time. If they want to keep to themselves, I'm good with that.

19. Connor

Dont worry about it. Discussing rumors about people that could mess with their relationships and their children's lives aren't worth spreading on Internet forums. If you really want to know, you can find out. But bringing them up here creates a pretty toxic environment, and I know @Jason Tate didnt like or want this stuff discussed at AP, so I doubt he does here either.

20. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Gotcha. I read the poster wrong.

21. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I don't understand how the Facebook trending works because I do see that they say that it's supposed to be personally tailored, however my trending topics on Facebook almost always have nothing to do with what I like or what I'm interested in.

Today my top 3 were Lamar Odom (????), Prince (sorry, never liked him) and Chron's Disease (???).

I did see Brand New trending yesterday, but it was lumped with a bunch of other things that I'm not interested in.

22. I'm guessing you've read articles about that in the past. Or the algorithm could just be wrong. And there is an element of editor curation as well.

23. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

True. Got me to pay $117 via StubHub for a sold out show in Pittsburgh. Hope I don't regret that by seeing them release more tickets for this show at the original $65 price closer to the date of it.