Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Brand New Begin Tour (Merch, Set List, Stuff Like That) • Page 4

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 1, 2016.

1. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

I can't handle this

p.s. does anyone know if the flower cross shirt is being sold at shows?

2. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

Someone already clued me in. Don't follow Thrice. Didn't know.

3. youngplanetary

haha it's just so funny to me that after all these years they still know exactly how to create a buzz around their band. Like, if any other band made a t shirt like that people would be like "wtf go away" But since it's brand new everyone's like "HOLY SHIT STOP THE PRESSES BRAND NEW PUT SOME STUFF ON A SHIRT OMG"

Come 2018 (assuming that's when they actually break up), I'm just gonna miss having a band in this scene that just does whatever the fuck makes them happy and doesn't feel the need to spam their social media accounts with every little move they make and just focus on putting out the best music they possibly can.

Lamps likes this.
  4. Corey Long

Chord & Quill // The Codex Supporter

You'd think Brand New has Radiohead levels of popularity with all the weird cryptic shit they do.

Honestly, waiting so long between releases is fine, but the quality of the TWO singles they've released in the last seven years isn't enough to really justify all this weird marketing. The 2000-2018 just makes me roll my eyes. Anberlin announced a breakup with a tour and album in such a better, more transparent way.

Brand New are super talented and I enjoy their stuff, but the way they go about things burnt me out a while ago.

Jason Tate likes this.
  5. supernovagirl

I bought the flower cross shirt....someone mentioned their shirts run pretty small so I'm not expecting it to fit :/

6. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

It's funny, a few years ago, I ordered two Brand New shirts from their merch site online - both mediums - and while the shirts both said medium on their tags when they were delivered to me, one was clearly way smaller than the other one. I e-mailed the band (or their website) and they made me take and send a picture of both shirts lined up next to each other on hangers to confirm the size difference and they sent me a new one.

I went ahead and ordered this shirt in Medium, but have NO idea how it'll fit on me.

I'm thinking of just framing the shirt and hanging it up anyway.

7. benschuyler

Regular Prestigious

I know it has already been said, but the idea that the band would "stay eighteen forever" is absolutely brilliant.

Ska Senanake likes this.
  8. supernovagirl

Wow, that's crazy. I can't believe they made you take a pic haha but at least you could prove it. Also these say they are "slim fit" which always means they run small.
    Yeah if it doesn't fit I still want it for the novelty and memorabilia aspect of it...plus, I can always lose weight. And there is always the framing option of course.

9. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Modest Mouse setlist?

10. jols

Trusted Prestigious

11. benschuyler

Regular Prestigious

Currently touring with mewithoutYou in Canada. Another cool thing about this tour is that the first opener, Greater Pyrenees, is the new musical project of Sean Kirkpatrick of Colour Revolt.

12. hermanthehermit

Paris, Texas Climate Accord Supporter

They sold the design on a white tee at the show last night.

supernovagirl likes this.
  13. supernovagirl

oh damnit lol I should have waited. Oh well guess that means I have to get a different shirt on tour ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    guessing/hoping they have a tour shirt during the mm tour

14. hermanthehermit

Paris, Texas Climate Accord Supporter

They also had the "Resurrection" tee on white at the show, too.

supernovagirl likes this.
  15. chcougar1

Trusted

The best show I've ever seen was the tour they played 24 songs. Lots of YFW, All of Deja, and about 8 from Devil and God

NationalPhenomenon likes this.
  16. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

them possibly breaking up in 2018 is trending on fb

17. I actually prefer the band social media accounts that are fun and light and don't just tweet when they have something to sell me.

18. Facebook trends are based on things you "like" (unless that thing is something conservative) - they are not like Twitter.

fenway89 and jols like this.
  19. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

ahhhhh wow i did not know that. thank you.

20. youngplanetary

Oh for sure, I love accounts that actually seem like a real identity rather than a vessel to push sales. But I also can appreciate how brand new can keep everyone so enthralled by being almost completely radio silent. Such a cool anomaly that you don't really see many, if any, bands able to replicate these days.

21. bruinrk

I want the Hebrew tee...mostly because I'm Jewish

22. Bear

Bear the dog. Great Pyrenees/Newfoundland mix

Anyone know if it's at all possible to acquire any of their older merch? Like the "Br& New" "Brand Nizzle" or "Mics are for singing not for swinging" shirts?

23. jols

Trusted Prestigious

ebay

24. walshknilb281

I remember when TDAG came out, I was pissed because I thought it would chart in the top 20 but it came out the same week as a lot of Christmas/Holiday albums and artists who were trying to capitalize on the Christmas/Black Friday rush, so it sold a ton of albums but didnt chart well because there were a ton of other artists who put out music that week.

AshlandATeam likes this.
  25. robb

Regular

Agreed - Shai Hulud is one of the best for this. Just posting goofy stuff they feel like talking about, like a sci-fi movie they're watching, Galactus, or some other dorky topic.