Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Brand New Announces New Tour • Page 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 3, 2016.

1. paperlung

there's no place like my room Supporter

there was a presale today, general sale is friday.

2. JohnR831

Regular

Got tickets for Ithaca! Last time I saw them, they surprise-played Deja in full. Can't wait for this!

3. serotonin

who told you this room exists? Supporter

I mean, I think its fair to say that a lot of musical tastes can be varied enough to enjoy Modest Mouse and The Front Bottoms and be excited to see both of them. I saw Front Bottoms with Bad Books and Weatherbox and they fucking killed it. But I also went and saw Modest Mouse on their solo tour earlier this year. They're all just forms of indie rock and a part of the whole spectrum. I mean Daisy is my favorite Brand New album but its probably the hardest shit I listen to besides like Thrice and Moving Mountains or '68 and some old Sound of Animals Fighting.

4. Dan O'Neill

Regular

I saw that tour too. That lineup was perfect.

5. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

This post doesn't even make any sense...Brand New is my favorite band of all-time and Modest Mouse is up there too. I don't even know who Bloc Party is. Taking Back Sunday is also one of my favorite bands as well but they definitely aren't a 'dream opener' for Brand New. Two totally different styles of music nowadays.

Honestly, my dream opener for Brand New is Manchester Orchestra (who I've seen 8 or 9 times - 3 times with Brand New).

I also LOVE the Front Bottoms and this will be my 5th time seeing them.

So I guess I have no idea which segment of the fanbase I'm on.

6. SetYourGoals

For sure. I mean, obviously there's a middle ground between the two. I was just describing the two extremes. Weirdly, Manchester is also my dream opener for BN. I first saw them together in 2007 or so, and that's still maybe the best show I've ever seen.

But I'd say the Manchester Orchestra/Kevin Devine side of things is a lot closer to the scene side of the BN fanbase than the festivaly side (for lack of a better word).

7. Jared Luttrell

Regular

So awesome to see The Front Bottoms on a tour like this. I really hope I can make it out.

8. bristphili

wait, what?

9. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

Two Texas dates, and they're in El Paso and Corpus Christi instead of Dallas, Houston, or Austin? Weird.

10. NationalPhenomenon

Regular Prestigious

It's a b-market tour covering (mostly) areas they don't frequent often, if at all.

11. serotonin

I hope Brand New does a 10year anniversary tour next year with Manchester Orchestra and Kevin Devine. That would be amazing.

12. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I'm convinced that will be the 'farewell tour' either next summer/fall or summer of 2018.

NationalPhenomenon likes this.
  13. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

Oh, ok thanks for the clarification. I see that they were just in Grand Prairie (close to Dallas) on July 22, so that makes sense now.

14. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Didn't have to use soundrink and got tickets for the Allentown and Penn state show for myself and my brother respectively. Easy!

15. vein.ftm

Trusted Prestigious

How could someone be more excited for these openers more so than Modest Mouse?

smh

16. Michael Qualiano

mikeq

MM hasn't put out a decent release in awhile :/

17. btr

Trusted Supporter

This combo blows Modest Mouse of the water. Especially for the younger fans

18. Bryan Diem

Trusted

I'm not even a fan of MM but I hate MoBo and the only good TFB album is the first one. So yeah.

19. Michael Qualiano

mikeq

I was heavily against Modern Baseball until I gave their new release a chance. Holy Ghost is a really strong effort! Still have no idea why people like the Front Bottoms though

20. Bryan Diem

Trusted

That TFB song about the swimming pool is awesome.

21. Derek Wright

Regular Prestigious

This is unreal! Why no MA dates?! :(

22. serotonin

That's an opinion. I enjoyed Strangers to Ourselves and saw MM just before the MM/BN tour and they were fantastic.

23. SetYourGoals

Sorry delayed response.

That was at NovaFest08, Villanova's student concert thing. I didn't go there, but I was at college near there. I got tickets, and got there I think 8 hours before doors opened? This was at the height of Devil and God for me. I was driving all over the country to be front and center for their shows. I think I saw them 7 times that year or something.

Sean Kingston was laughably bad, and performed to a pretty silent crowd of almost exclusively Brand New fans. Such a funny lineup.

Also, fun bonus, I was first in line, and the 2nd in line behind me was Brianna Collins from Tigers Jaw, who I'd seen a few times at that point. Pretty cool person to spend a bunch of time in line with!