Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Brand New Announces New Tour • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 3, 2016.

1. SetYourGoals

I'm with you on Modern Baseball. I'm a pop-punk junkie, and for some reason they just never clicked for me. But TFB are one of my absolute favorite bands. And my one friend's 3 favorite bands are BN, MB and TFB. So...there's some crossover there for sure. More than Modest Mouse anyway...

macbethfan likes this.
  2. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

After JUST playing MSG, I think they'll skip that area for a bit.

NationalPhenomenon likes this.
  3. bruinrk

I agree so much. I've seen modern baseball like 3 or 4 times now so supporting acts and I just do the get the appeal. They never sound polished and none of the music resonates with me

macbethfan likes this.
  4. I really wish the SoundRink site hadn't shit on me 3 times :(

5. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Truly a miracle! Even more so that I got tickets (after waiting for 4 hours...)

Well worth it.

Turkeylegz likes this.
  6. Peachfuzz

I'll be with you the whole way.

What a tour. What a lovely tour.

7. Bryan Diem

Trusted

So awesome that they're coming to Allentown, it makes up for the supporting bands being fucking awful. Now this whole line thing is kinda abysmal, it took me 3 hours of waiting and by the time I got to it, I missed the window by like 2 minutes. Wow

8. serotonin

who told you this room exists? Supporter

You think? Brand New definitely takes inspiration from Modest Mouse. I also think its more likely that there's more Modest Mouse/Brand New fans because they've both been out for over fifteen years together. Jesse has obviously been a fan for a long time, his cover of Trailer Trash in the Deja era is great.

9. RiseAgainst379

Regular

No SoCal. Ok :(. Glad I caught them at the forum then.

10. SetYourGoals

I think Brand New has two segments of their fanbase. One part is into Modest Mouse and found out about BN from the festival circuit, and their dream Brand New opener is like Bloc Party. And the other, maybe more passionate part, are or were scene kids and came up with them from Favorite Weapon and their dream opener is Taking Back Sunday.

I think that segment of the fanbase is a lot more excited by a Front Bottoms and few thousand person venue tour than an MSG w/Modest Mouse tour. I know I am.

They'll fill venues no matter what. I just think it's super cool they are doing a tour focusing on these kinds of towns and this part of their fanbase.

macbethfan, js977 and AshlandATeam like this.
  11. Jessethat1guy

I thought the same thing. We're spoiled in SoCal. Just happy I got to see them at Chain right after Deja and at The Observatory for the album shows.

12. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Holy shit two of my favorite bands opening for another band that I love, all of which I particularly enjoy the live shows for. This is going to be absolutely incredible.

AshlandATeam likes this.
  13. paperlung

there's no place like my room Supporter

SEE YOU THERE. This is guaranteed to be epic.

Edit: Am I being too optimistic thinking that the new album will be out by then?

14. Iamhollywood315

Regular

I mean they just headlined the Garden a few weeks ago...I'd imagine they are hitting places it hasn't been in awhile like Sioux Falls SD or Ithaca NY which I'm not sure they ever played or its been a long ass time.

15. They're the ones I really wanna see tbh

AshlandATeam likes this.
  16. Bryan Diem

Trusted

How likely is it I'll get a ticket if I'm camped out at my computer at noon? Are they using that totally garbage SoundRink website for that too?

17. SetYourGoals

I have been buying Brand New tickets for 10+ years, this was the first time I got through in the presale, so I think you have a good shot. The Sound Rink site crashed a lot, but has a great queue system (emails you when it's about to be your turn) and then you have 10 mins to buy tickets. The site crashed literally dozens of times when I was trying in that 10 mins, but it went through. Just keep doing the steps and it'll work eventually. Having an account already registered and logging in beforehand will help also. I had to make an account and that slowed me way down.

18. Bryan Diem

Trusted

I got on as soon as I got the email and it crashed for 10 minutes, then told me I took too long. I'll make sure my accounts all logged in beforehand next time but man this is dreadful.

19. SetYourGoals

If Ticketmaster can't figure it out, I don't really blame Sound Rink. This is just a really hard thing to do technologically and it sucks.

20. Bryan Diem

Trusted

It seems like one of those things like 3D TVs that sounds like a cool idea but just totally doesn't work and shouldn't be used, but that's just based off one very frustrating experience.

21. SetYourGoals

But what alternative is there? You don't NEED a 3D TV. But these bands have to tour, and there really isn't an amazing way to sell tickets currently.

22. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

im amazed they're hitting Rochester (where I am now), but I had to triple-take when I saw Ithaca on there, which is where I'll be at show time. Really hoping I can get a ticket on Friday; haven't seen em in years and having two shows so close feels like a godsend.

23. iam1bearcat

i'm writing a book, leave me alone.

How? HOW?! The link says tickets on sale 8/5 at noon for Milwaukee. what am I missing?

24. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Fun fact, Ithaca still has presale available. Nice surprise. Came to $45 with everything.

25. Bryan Diem

Trusted

I dunno, just an alternative without a multihour waiting room that doesn't crash consistently. I've never had a problem getting tickets for a show before, and I know it's Brand New and all, but it seems excessively trash from my perspective.