Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Brand New 2017 Fall Tour Tour • Page 6

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by TMS2787, Aug 17, 2017.

1. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

probably because they aren't shipping tickets for that one

2. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

thinkin' about shelling out the cash for secondary market prices to see them in Brooklyn.

I can get a ticket for around $140-$150 right now. wouldn't be thrilled to make that purchase but i need to see them play some of these songs live.

NationalPhenomenon likes this.
  3. Kellan

@kellanthomas Prestigious

I sucked it up and bought a ticket off StubHub for Chicago. They were so great last fall, can't pass it up.

4. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

You have made the right choice my friend. Aragon is an amazing venue for this too.

5. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Never been to Aragon but very excited to check it out. I've heard a lot of good things

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  6. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

It's pretty cool. It feels like you're in the courtyard of a castle so it's really vibey.

DejaMoi and JaytotheGee like this.
  7. NationalPhenomenon

Regular Prestigious

How are sight lines at the Aragon? My wife and I aren't sure about spending the day in line this time, nor finding our way up front later. Ideally, we'd like to find a spot in front of the soundboard and still be able to see the stage. Not a problem for me, but my wife isn't 6'4" haha.

8. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

The soundboard is pretty far back. I'd recommend getting there right around doors and you should be ok. The stage is raised and it's a pretty open room. Although I'm probably not the best person to tell you because I'm about 6'0 myself so it's not really hard for me to see usually.

9. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I haven't booked my flight yet but I'm hoping to get there around 3PM, drop my bag off wherever I'm staying, grab a beer or two by the venue and get there a little before door time to get a good spot

10. somethingisme

Any word on openers? And does anyone want to sell me an ATL ticket or two?

11. Clen118

I have an extra ticket to tonight's show in San Francisco. If you are interested message me. I am still going so we can meet at or before.

Thanks, Chris

12. jonasjaevel

Regular

bought expensive tickets for the concert in London yesterday! bring it!

13. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

If the two shows they just played are any indication of the tour, Kevin Devine is playing as part of Brand New's live ensemble doing guitar and background vocals. Wouldn't surprise me if he opens the tour doing an acoustic set.

14. Jonny Sniper

Trusted

Setlist is solid. Not sure if it gets me to Atlanta though.

15. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Sweet seems like lots of people in here are going to the Chicago date. I am too. Flying from Ottawa. Making a trip out of it.

16. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I need to buy my flight the price keeps dropping and jumping over a hundred dollars every day lol

17. Colin Your Enthusiasm

I am really hoping I will like the Aragon. My girlfriend is not very tall and ideally would like her to see the stage so I have mixed feelings about this not being a seated venue. I mean normally I wouldn't say that but as I get older I have less and less patience to deal with crowds, especially crowds at a BN show.

18. AMusial625

Regular

The Aragon is an awesome venue. However it's not great for shorter people. It's basically just a wide open floor that holds about 5,000 people. I'm 6'2 and have had a few times where I've had trouble seeing. You're best bet if you aren't worried about being right up front is getting there early and getting on the balcony. It's also standing room but for most shows they put some folding chairs up there.

NationalPhenomenon and DejaMoi like this.
  19. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

What do you mean? 7 new songs. You want to see them play songs we've seen over and over again? Also, I'm almost positive the set-list will change to some degree.

DejaMoi likes this.
  20. Colin Your Enthusiasm

Is the balcony really far from the stage or it's a decent view/close enough?

21. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

It wraps around the floor, so if you're in the back, it's a little far, but you could get a decently close spot on the side. This pic makes the place look way smaller than it really is, but it might help you get an idea of some of the logistics:
    [​IMG]
    That balcony wraps around the other side, and to my knowledge anywhere on that second level is fair game for GA.
    The stage is raised a little, which is nice, but obviously doesn't totally fix things for someone who is short.

22. Colin Your Enthusiasm

Thanks that shot looks incredible

23. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Don't thank me, thank Google images haha But yea it really is an awesome venue.

DejaMoi likes this.
  24. Colin Your Enthusiasm

Even more stoked now and ok with the fact that its not seated. Originally our plan was to go to Boston but getting tickets was a nightmare. Then we thought about Detroit but no offence to anyone but i much prefer Chicago and was lucky enough to get some so super stoked about it!

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  25. Grato

Regular

Might be reading into Kevin Devine announcement a little too hard, but I'm guessing they (at the very least) have a very full 2018, as his announcement that he's in Brand New now's use of the "foreseeable future" seems like they have a lot more lined up in addition to the short US tour going on and the brief UK tour