Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Brand New 2017 Fall Tour Tour • Page 16

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by TMS2787, Aug 17, 2017.

1. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

do you now how much that is? I always try to find free parking close by ha

jols likes this.
  2. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

there should be plenty of street parking around, don't bother paying unless it's really tough and you don't care

3. cwhit

i am walking to the venue :)

4. jols

Trusted Prestigious

prob $10-12? i actually do the same, sometimes going to extreme measures and irrationally but idk if my anxiety could hold up today ;)

good call, will have to see

teebs41 likes this.
  5. cwhit

it's a little bit of a sketchy area but there are usually a bunch of meters around and it's not really residential so you should be fine, just be sure to read signs/meters

also western maryland very much makes sense based on the perfect future avvy haha

jols likes this.
  6. jols

Trusted Prestigious

yeah they're pals. i tell Matt from PF how i like to be annoying on a music forum and make his old band look bad

cwhit likes this.
  7. cwhit

they were one of the first bands i booked at the radio station back in late 2014, they're sweet guys that made great music

jols likes this.
  8. jols

Trusted Prestigious

This has to be the smallest venue in which I’ve ever seen brand new

9. EarthShifts

Trusted

I can't shake the Boston show from the other night. I had so much fun.

Normally I don't run to music. It usually just podcasts or silence, but today I had to hear Science Fiction again. It's a pretty great running record.

mattav152 and js977 like this.
  10. loveisarisk

Regular

I was gonna go alone to High and Low in SBD and I felt super awkward about it being a festival and much bigger and more crowded than a venue show but one of my coworkers was there with her boyfriend who was seeing BN for the first time and it was sweet. Kinda melancholy. Seeing Death Cab for the first time was awesome too.

11. austingordon

your local curmudgeon

Honestly, I'm not sure how I feel about the whole screen dropping in front of them thing. I saw photos of it and just felt like it was kind of an unnecessary distraction. Does anyone agree? There might be something really cool I'm just overlooking about it but I'm just curious

12. EarthShifts

Trusted

I was unsure as well, but I think it plays really well live. The visuals displayed on it are awesome, and the moment it rises up feels so epic. Plus Jesse hangs on it a bit which just adds to the drama of a song like "You Won't Know".

13. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Disagree strongly. The rise up to reveal the band before the "Out of Mana" solo and the crowd roar once everyone realizes what is happening is on another level.

14. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

The only issue I could see with the visuals, is that it really seems its meant to be viewed from directly in front of it and not far to the side of the stage. I had center orch seats in Boston and it all looked amazing, but I saw videos from someone I know who was sitting far to the right of the venue and it looks not so great. Granted it was also recorded from a phone so obvs it didn't look too great to begin wtih

15. Osceola13

Bringin the ruckus

Yup, now every time I listen to that song I feel a thrill remembering that moment and how awesome it was both nights at the California shows. I tried explaining it to a friend who was going to the Brooklyn show but didn't wanna spoil it so I was vague on when it happens and she said she felt the same thing at her show.

16. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

I don't take videos at shows, but I knew it was coming, so scroll to part 4 for the rise:

DejaMoi and ship90 like this.
  17. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

I can understand why it might seem like a bad idea, but that screen was visually one of the coolest things. The fire in Lit Me Up, the "cage" effect, the end with the "static" in You Won't Know, all so awesome. And the screen lifting up got a huge roar in Baltimore too.

SeeTheLights and teebs41 like this.
  18. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

The screen is incredible, it’s only down for like 4 songs anyway. When it comes up and reveals the band, one of the best moments of the entire show.

19. SeeTheLights

Trusted Prestigious

Thought this was a interesting take on the whole “wall” thing

ship90 likes this.
  20. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

This was fun.

21. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

I'm trying not to spoil too much for myself but my show is 2 days away and these posts are making me tear up with excitement ahhh

loveisarisk and ship90 like this.
  22. TMS2787

Trusted

The lighting wall is down for a full three songs, the first two songs and part of the third and the song before the encore. It’s awesome.

Morgan likes this.
  23. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

You going to the Atlanta show?

supernovagirl likes this.
  24. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

After last nights show, I looked up the rest of the dates and I’m bummed there’s no Saturday show (ATL is Friday I believe). I would have totally drove 10 hours to see this show again.

Morgan likes this.
  25. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Atlanta is Thursday. I’ll be there.