Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Brand New - 2016 Shows Tour • Page 3

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Kaitlin

poop

Anyone that's been to the Canada shows that got a chance to see what all merch there was? I realize the tour with Modest Mouse hasn't started yet but I'm going to one of the first dates and really want to plan since I might not even be able to afford anything.

2. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

Yup and there's a few pictures floating around. They had YFW, Deja and Daisy on Vinyl, The Leaked Demos on cassette and Deja and TDAG lyrics booklets. In terms of shirts, they had the one in my avatar, the "Hebrew" shirt in blue and a sweater version in grey. That's all I can remember off the top of my head.

3. Kaitlin

poop

Thanks. I'll check out the pictures.

Do you by any chance know how much the cassette and lyrics booklets were?

4. Kevin360

Someday I’ll find me Prestigious

Cassettes have been standard at $8 and the lyric books $2. I think.

5. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Don't remember what the lyric books were but cassettes in Canada were 12$ at the show.

6. Kaitlin

poop

Thanks, guys! I might just go with one of those.

7. redwing91007

I do because I bought them all haha. Keep in mind they are in Canadian dollars.

Cassette: $12
    Lyrics books: $3 each

8. Kaitlin

poop

Reasonable enough for me! I'm trying to cut back on buying shirts at shows (I have way too many that no longer get worn) and also can't afford much so I've started shifting my attention to the merch that isn't clothing. Thanks again.

9. redwing91007

I'm at that point too, I probably have like 50 odd band shirts :/

I'm been jamming the Leaked Demos in my car since I picked it up, solid investment. The lyrics books are REALLY worth $3.

heartbeatsbrain likes this.
  10. Colin Your Enthusiasm

I already had the cassette and the TDAG lyric book. Really kicking myself for not picking up the Deja one!!

11. redwing91007

They are such cool ad-ons to the vinyl. I love just sitting down with them and following along.

12. Colin Your Enthusiasm

And I was going to pick up YFW on vinyl to complete my BN collection on vinyl but I'm cheap and thought $25 was too much lol I'll get it eventually.

13. redwing91007

I had ZERO restraint with merch and it was terrible. Night one I picked up Deja, Daisy and a t-shirt. Night two I got YFW, the lyric books and the tape.

Upon leaving the venue, my wallet slapped me in the face, lucky for me it didn't hurt much since there was nothing in it.

14. Colin Your Enthusiasm

Lol I was the opposite. I felt kinda lame for not getting anything then again I didn't think any of the merch was particularly spectacular or worthy of my money. I did get the IAAN limited tshirt online but nothing since.

15. Ben Buchnat

Whatever. Forever.

Riot Fest will be interesting. Can't wait!

16. redwing91007

We have completely taken over this thread, oh well. It was my first time seeing BN and could potentially be my last so I went for the kill. I had wanted the discography on vinyl for a while and there's no better chance than buying directly for the band. I just don't think BN is capable of designing a nice shirt to be honest.

fenway89 and DejaMoi like this.
  17. Colin Your Enthusiasm

If they were playing Amnesia Rockfest I may have gone but at the same time not necessarily. I much prefer to see them in a show setting than a festival setting. Riotfest in Toronto 2014 was good but yeah it's just not the same.

18. redwing91007

This is going to be my first year going to Rockfest and I'm really pumped, so many bands I want to see on the bill. I'd take BN at a headlining show over a festival slot any day.

DejaMoi likes this.
  19. Colin Your Enthusiasm

I've never been to Rockfest hopefully I'll go one day. Enjoy! The lineup this year is pretty solid but to make me want to go to a festival I have to want to see more than a couple of bands. When I went to Riotfest 2014 in Toronto playing that day there was Circa Survive, NFG, DFA1979, Afghan Whigs, Billy Talent, Brand New, Citizen, AWOLnation, Manchester Orchestra, TBS, Rise Against, The Cure among others. It was great.

20. redwing91007

I really wanted to hit Riot Fest last year and not too go too far off track I do think Brand New will be great there this year.

Here are my highlights for Rockfest this year, I think it's more than justified:
    Saturday

The dirty nil
    Comeback kid
    Against Me!
    Hawthorne Heights
    The Used
    Silverstein
    NOFX
    Underoath
    Sum 41
    Twister Sister
    Billy Talent
    Puscifer
    Janes addiction
    Blink 182

Saturday

Unearth
    Streetlight Manifesto
    Obey The Brave
    Acacia Strain
    Stray From The Path
    Dead Tired
    ADTR
    STYG
    MMI
    LoG
    Ice Cube
    Limp Bizkit
    BMTH
    Rise Against

DejaMoi likes this.
  21. Colin Your Enthusiasm

How was it?

22. redwing91007

I've been describing it as a "weird" festival. Nothing like any I've been to before. Needless to say there was an insane amount of talent across the stages but there was also an insane amount of disgusting people haha. The smaller stages where most of the hardcore and smaller bands were were fantastic. The main stage had so so sound and getting anywhere close to the stage was a nightmare. Overall, if the lineup is as savage as this year, I can see myself going back.

23. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Lots of disgusting people at most festivals I have been to!

24. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Had no issue getting close for blink

25. redwing91007

Well yes but this was next level. I had a guy pull out a cardboard box and just lay it down and fall asleep in the dirt in front of us during blink haha. It was more how the entire town got trashed. All that being said, everyone was overall respectful towards eachother which was cool.

Let's not derail the BN thread :P