Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Brand New – “Out of Range” • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 21, 2016.

1. The Mysterious

Yes...but a thing isn't beautiful because it lasts

2. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

3. Blake Solomon

Mr. Emeritus Prestigious

a great song but what are they doing to me! just give me an album!

4. Stage Banter

A music review podcast.

Was it ever confirmed when they actually recorded this?

5. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

I think most people concluded its a Daisy era song but @Jason Tate might be able to clarify.

6. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Came in here to ask that same question. This song somehow ended up in my iTunes and it's currently labeled as Brand New? Glad to finally see it somewhere else.

7. joey-wan kenobi

Happiness is a warm gun mama

Still one of my fav of there's.

8. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

I've had the leak of this saved in youtube since i first heard about it, but this is my first time listening and I really love it.

Dirty Sanchez and teebs41 like this.
  9. WetwithSharp

and a little jingle...

Jesse singing the ethereal sounding "out of range" part towards the end does stuff to my soul.

What a fantastic song, I forgot about this.

teebs41 likes this.
  10. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

when did you first hear about it? Because if you did hear about it near when it leaked in summer '13, I don't know how you held out this long lol.

11. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

I don't think I've heard this before. Really like it. Would be cool to get a full album of meandering shimmery songs like this

12. AutopilotYears

Regular

I think its Jesse at the beginning, up until the "Leaden crucifix" part, then it switches to Vin for the rest with Jesse doing background vocals. They have pretty distinct voices if you listen for it.

First part, screamy and floaty background vocals are pretty obviously Jesse though.

13. Ska Senanake

Trusted

I still think a reworked full band version of this song would be awesome.