Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Brand New – “I am a Nightmare” • Page 4

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 17, 2016.

1. Ben Peters

As much as I hate so say it... This is just sorta meh for me. Doesn't feel like a very natural progression and isn't all that interesting to me. Still eagerly anticipating the record though.

2. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Just seems like Sapone's production style.

fenway89 likes this.
  3. paperlung

there's no place like my room Supporter

Bought it as fast as I possibly could. This album can't come soon enough.

fenway89 likes this.
  4. the more i listen to it, the more it sounds like gaslight anthem/beach slang kinda stuff.

5. Mr. Serotonin

6. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

Gaslight and Kev Dev were the first two I thought of

7. kpatrickwood

Give what you can.

At this point I hope they release ten 12" singles instead of a full length just to fuck with people. Actually make it nine. Song rules.

Aaron Mook, fenway89 and coleslawed like this.
  8. It's a straightforward pop song like Mene, but I'm glad they're not trying to do something horribly ambitious after 7 years. The hype is too real, they just need to put out something simple and good. Although, if this is their last record... I don't know if I'd want them to go out on a note of complacency such as these songs seem to convey.

9. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

I think Gaslight is a bit of a reach.

10. austindavispdx

Still on this side of the grass

Hah yeah, maybe they should have left off the etching and made the grooves as deep as possible.

11. Mr. Serotonin

What?? Gaslight is spot on, haha.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  12. no way. it's the shortest reach.

DefeatTheLow and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  13. I wanna say "Could have fit on Get Hurt" just so the people that hate that album get really mad.

14. joey-wan kenobi

Happiness is a warm gun mama

So deep , so very deep. Even louder than their live show

austindavispdx likes this.
  15. Eric

Regular

Can someone give me a good reason why any band should release a 12" single? I know it has an etched b side but they could've done that with a 7". I don't think I would ever buy a 12" single even if it was my absolute favorite band. It even says it's an indefinite pressing so there's not even the collectors angle!!

16. austindavispdx

Still on this side of the grass

They know people will buy it.

17. simplejack

I wish I could say something but silence is fine.

Has Skiba joined blink-182 AND Brand New?

18. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

This song bores me like no other Brand New song has done before, with the exception of Mene (and I liked that one more immediately than this). I'll give it a few more listens.

I don't know what I was hoping for but this just doesn't kickstart my heart or my head, and man I wish it did

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  19. Eric

Regular

I guess. But this should make the fans mad if it seems like the only reason to do this. Before anyone says anything, I know i don't have to buy the vinyl but I was hoping someone could give me a good reason why

20. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

Kinda underwhelmed. Not gonna lie.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  21. jorbjorb

7 rings

sounds like gaslight/theory of a deadman kinda

22. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Same with the Blink single, my first listen was through my phone on a pretty low volume, so it's hard to really like or dislike it. Glad people are digging it and I am excited to check this out properly.

23. daldalian

hopelessly yours, Alabama

I hope the record shows more promise than these two songs have, because to me this is straight up regression from the 2006 Demos and TDAG. They've had so much time, and this is the song they release?

I love Brand New. One of my favorite bands of all time and I always name TDAG in my top 5 albums if I'm asked. This song is just not what I'm looking for.

the archer 07 likes this.
  24. jols

Trusted Prestigious

haha

jorbjorb likes this.
  25. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, I think this is the kind of song that would be underwhelming even if they had released it a year or two after Daisy. But 7 years later? It's just really not that impressive...

OotyPa likes this.