Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Brand New – “I am a Nightmare” • Page 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 17, 2016.

1. razorburn

Trusted

2. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

The wording of that press release makes me feel like the album won't be released until after the tour. Am I the only one getting that vibe? Probably reading too much into it lol

Aaron Mook and bradsonemanband like this.
  3. ianebaldwin and Aaron Mook like this.
  4. KimmyGibbler

Everywhere you look... Prestigious

The press release said that the song is from their upcoming release, so maybe they are just talking about the physical 12 inch record. Not a new full length album.

ibanez966 likes this.
  5. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Disturbed did this too for Record Store Day. They charged $25 for it... and I bought it. :/

6. love the energy - reminds me of KevDev

7. Chcurry182

Trusted Supporter

I got that vibe as well. Hopefully we're reading too much into it.

supernovagirl likes this.
  8. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

Man, I love this.

9. palebluedot

Disappointed by Mene and this one

10. Chris Lei

chances are, if there is a new album, it will drop after the tour. there is little over a month before the US tour starts. i don't see them just dropping an album before the tour starts with no marketing. although, i guess you could also argue that brand new also isn't the band that needs the marketing.

11. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I enjoy the second listen more than the first. The lyrics in the chorus are pretty dumb but I like the verses

12. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I bet Brand New spent an hour focusing on that word 'release' in the press release to make sure they can make this as frustrating as possible for fans. :crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh:

The release also states that this single will be available throughout the tour, which again, makes me think a full album is still a ways away.

supernovagirl likes this.
  13. adam.departee

Ordered and downloaded. Like the vibe after two listens. Looking forward to putting this on the record player at home.

14. austindavispdx

Still on this side of the grass

I don't know if that was a super special song on gold flake vinyl or something (still ridiculous) but this is a song included on their next release that everyone will also buy. But good for them getting people to spend $10 on a basic 3 minute song.

15. Nah. It's pretty clearly a separate entity. It's being released as a special single for the upcoming tour and it's from their upcoming release. You don't release a press release about something, and in it refer to the thing the press release is all about separately as "upcoming" on the same line and say "taken from" and "upcoming" if it was just referring to the 12" that's now for sale. Clearly separate (or horrifically bad writing).

phillyfradet, Aaron Mook and fenway89 like this.
  16. CheapPop

Regular

Loving it. Bring on an album!

17. Eric

Regular

How do you know this isn't them doing what they wanted? What a weird thing to say.

18. there's a lot of things wrong with this post... haha

19. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

So excited! Awesome to see a press release too, just hate that it says "upcoming release" rather than an actual date lol. We've all waited long enough!

Honestly never thought I'd hear the poppier side of Brand New ever again. I dig.

fenway89 likes this.
  20. bought the vinyl before even hearing the song.

it sounds ok. the garage-y production is pretty popular these days. i dig this song. it's more straightforward and upbeat than i expected. it's been awhile since they've put a song out like that.

anyway, cool. i'm intrigued by what the rest of the album might sound like. sounds like it'll still be awhile before we hear it. maybe in the fall?

fenway89 and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  21. KimmyGibbler

Everywhere you look... Prestigious

Hopefully it's not a 4 song ep with this song, Mene, and acoustic versions of each. Sold only in the Sony MiniDisc format and exclusively sold through craigslist and the only accepted payment method will be Western Union money orders.

FantasticCams and chubacca like this.
  22. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

Song is okay, but nothing stand out about it at all

Awksome and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  23. joey-wan kenobi

Happiness is a warm gun mama

But just think of how amazing it's going to sound ! (Reference that why vinyl is pressed the way it is article)

Also, indefinite?

24. delvec19

Trusted

omfg album! the year is finally here!

25. KyleAtGalaxy

Regular

Standard MD or Hi-MD?

Jason Tate likes this.