Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Braid Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by jordalsh, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Braid is an American emo band from Champaign, Illinois, formed in 1993. Their most recent release is No Coast, which came out 15 years after their previous LP Frame and Canvas.

2. listened to Closer To Closed today for the first time in a while-- I think it gets an undeserved bad rep.

3. Frame and Canvas was one of the records that got me into emo, but I think they topped it with No Coast. It was awesome to see a band come back from a long hiatus and then a long break between Closer To Closed and the album with such a confident, focused statement.

4. No Coast is one of the best comeback records the genre has seen

5. wanielledalsh

Hunger makes me a modern girl

the song a dozen roses is why i fell in love with braid/hey mercedes/bob nanna

6. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

I only like the new record lol

muttley likes this.
  7. wanielledalsh

@cwhit have you listened to frame and canvas? if so and still not a fan, try loses control by hey mercedes.

8. cwhit

Of course, hahaha.

9. I would have thought you'd be into Frame and Canvas

10. wanielledalsh

loses control is my favorite bob nanna record, surpassing no coast.

11. cwhit

There's some good songs but I like the more polished, super catchy tracks of the new record

12. Hey Mercedes would probably be worth diving into then

wanielledalsh likes this.
  13. Collins

Trusted

Closer to Closed is underrated. The Right Time is a jam.

jordalsh likes this.
  14. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

I've played No Coast an ungodly amount of times. Love it so much.

Dipping into Frame and Canvas tonight. I've heard it once or twice but for me, it was overshadowed by NC.

15. Hey Mercedes was really really great last night, Everynight Fire Works LP is beautiful

16. jorbjorb

7 rings

i like this band

17. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

I prefer hey Mercedes to braid by a lot but frame and canvas is great. I like but don't love any of their other material

18. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

Do you have it?!

19. Augustus Jordal

I love all the No Coast love. That album is incredible and definitely the best comeback album I know of. I love F&C but the new album has some hooks. Don't really listen to Frankie or Age of Octeen anymore because they sound so bad.

teebs41 likes this.
  20. Augustus Jordal

Also, I totally could see Guy Piciotto singing the majority of Chris's tracks on F&C.

21. Fletchaaa

Trusted Supporter

I wonder if they will make more music, I never heard of them before No Coast but going back and listening to their older stuff and I definitely prefer it. I hope they continue

22. cwhit

23. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

I'm very excited for that sunset album

24. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

I like Braid, always wanna dive into them more cause I always forget that I like them and have only listened to them a little. Frame and Canvas at least deserves more than like two listens all things considered

25. cwhit

don't like frame and canvas, do like the newest one