Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bracket Case (Green Day Bracket) Bracket • Page 34

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Micool1, Jul 6, 2019.

1. pbueddi

Trusted

I would have voted whatshername over boulevard

ncarrab likes this.
  2. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Letterbomb losing to boulevard would be a travesty but I shouldn’t be surprised anymore

Anthony_ likes this.
  3. BlackwingE Aug 13, 2019
    (Last edited: Aug 13, 2019)
    BlackwingE

Trusted

* EDITED *

Letterbomb (I originally voted for Boulevard of Broken Dreams, but I changed my mind!)
    Holiday
    American Idiot
    Jesus of Suburbia

I hate voting against any of the songs. The first match-up were my two favorites on the album.

4. Doomsday

Trusted Prestigious

Letterbomb
    Holiday
    American Idiot
    Jesus

5. razorburn

Trusted

Letterbomb
    She's a Rebel
    American Idiot
    Jesus of Suburbia

6. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Letterbomb
    She's a Rebel
    Are We the Waiting
    Jesus of Suburbia

7. Anthony_

In what ever world imaginable is Boulevard better than Letterbomb? I mean, seriously. Like, come on. What is with this bracket and the singles?

Tomozaurus likes this.
  8. pbueddi

Trusted

Personally, if there was one song that I associate with American Idiot, it's Boulevard of Broken Dreams.

9. Anthony_

Right but why does that make it the best song on the album? Or at least better than Letterbomb? That doesn't really have anything to do with the song.

10. pbueddi

Trusted

Because I go back to it the most? Because it is the most memorable to me? Because it holds special meaning to me?

11. danielm123

Trusted

I can see the argument that Letterbomb is better than BOBD but am a bit unsure as to how it can be so far better that it's shocking to see people voting against it

disambigujason and pbueddi like this.
  12. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I'm as against singles winning album brackets as anyone but I think BOBD is FAR better than Letterbomb. And Letterbomb can absolutely fuck off for beating Whatshername.

13. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Why are many of the songs on this album combined on Spotify?

14. pbueddi

Trusted

Amen!

15. btr

Trusted Supporter

Aside from physical CDs, all digital stores like iTunes used to combine certain tracks. Not sure why, but it's been that way for at least a decade.

16. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Weird. I had no idea. I bought the CD when it came out and then the vinyl a few years back. So I've never tried to listen to it on any digital format until this week.

btr likes this.
  17. Steeeve Perry

Trusted

Boulevard of Broken Dreams
    Holiday
    American Idiot
    Jesus of Suburbia

Voting against Give Me Novacaine really stung

18. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Letterbomb

Holiday

American Idiot

Jesus of Suburbia

19. Tomozaurus

Regular

Letterbomb
    Holiday
    American Idiot
    Jesus of Suburbia

20. stonecoldnimrod

roamer. wanderer. nomad. vagabond.

Boulevard
    Holiday
    Idiot
    Novacaine

21. Steeeve Perry

Trusted

I don't really understand the complaints about choosing the singles. Just choose your favourite songs. They might be the popular ones or might be the deep cuts. It doesn't make anyone more or less of a fan. I have listened to this album more than any other. It established my musical tastes and turned me into a music lover/collector. Every artist I like nowadays can be traced back to the moment American Idiot blew my mind. I love almost every song. But I'm not going to pretend I like an album track more than a single if I just don't. I remember my very first listen through the album and Boulevard of Broken Dreams was a clear standout. I thought yep, this album is going to be massive. And it was. And that made me happy.

I'd order these songs:
    Jesus of Suburbia
    Boulevard of Broken Dreams
    Give Me Novacaine
    Whatsername
    American Idiot
    Homecoming
    St Jimmy
    Letterbomb
    Wake Me Up When September Ends
    Holiday
    She's a Rebel
    Are We the Waiting?
    Extraordinary Girl

It just so happens the way the match-ups have gone so far, I've favoured the singles. If you're burned out on them, don't vote for them, but if I look at these songs objectively I think the singles are many of the strongest tracks here.

mike1885, bachna84 and pbueddi like this.
  22. BenSmith94

Trusted

Letterbomb
    Holiday
    American Idiot
    Jesus of Suburbia

23. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

Letterbomb

She's a Rebel

American Idiot

Jesus of Suburbia

24. danielm123

Trusted

I legitimately feel as though the singles are pretty easily the best songs on here. I tend to feel that way about a lot of Green Day's albums, which is unusual for me. Part of me hates the idea of voting for the most popular songs, but I'm going to vote for the songs I enjoy the most. It seems as though many other people feel the same way. The most popular songs almost never do well in these things, but this bracket has been a change

pbueddi likes this.
  25. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

I’m not so sure I agree with that

Anthony_ and ncarrab like this.