Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Boys Like Girls Teasing 10 Year Something

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 8, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. bobsheiskawy

is it the same for you? Prestigious

i'd be stoked if they did an acoustic version of that album. and i'd strongly consider trying to see a show if they were playing the whole thing.

also, it's been 8 years since i last saw them, which feels kind of insane.

3. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

This thing is ten years old??

Holy shit. This is the first "I feel old" moment I've ever had with one of these. Fuck.

4. btr

Trusted Supporter

One of my go-to albums in middle school. Never actually ended up seeinng them, so I hope it's a 10-year tour!

5. Kixur413

Holiday was my jam. I'd love to hear it live

6. That album was awesome. One of my favorites for a while. I hope they could make another one that's as good

7. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

This album still really holds up.

8. GetUpAndrew

Constant horror and bone-deep dissatisfaction.

I really loved this record back in time when I was in high school, it's been a long time since the last time I listened to it.

9. Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

I still listen to this album every now and again...

10. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Saw these guys open for Butch Walker at the first real concert I ever went to. Pretty baffling to me that this album is coming up on its 10th anniversary.

11. Peachfuzz

I'll be with you the whole way.

Great summer album, can't believe it's been ten years. I would really love an acoustic version!
    If they tour, I hope Bryan will be on board (even if busy with the Blink/ATL tour).

12. jorbjorb

7 rings

this bands tight

13. Jdaniels

Regular

the only song i halfway enjoyed from them was Thunder.. but I saw AAR and them in 2012, disappointed that AAR coheadlined but opened for them :/

14. kidinthebushes

Trusted

15. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Great pop rock/punk whatever record, not even calling this a guilty pleasure because this record is just good

16. CMilliken

Trusted

That first album was great. Unfortunately they kinda just went downhill after that.

Christian Romero likes this.
  17. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Almost just seemed like Martin got too busy writing with other artists and whatnot. I think he could still write another badass record if he puts the time in. That guy knows how to write songs.

CMilliken likes this.
  18. Craig Manning

Love Drunk is a terrific pop record. The third one is kind of mediocre, but has some great tracks.

Penguin and Christian Romero like this.
  19. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

I am not a country expert, so I may be way off, but their last record had a couple songs that I thought had that pop country sound nailed down. I agree the whole thing is not super strong, but there were some big hooks that got stuck in my head.

20. Craig Manning

That's definitely part of what they were going for, though I wouldn't classify it as an outright "pop country" record. Still, something like "Leaving California" could probably have been a massive hit on mainstream country radio if Martin had given it to Keith Urban or something.

Regardless of what people think of this band, there's no doubt that they made very conscious efforts to evolve their sound from one record to the next. They have pretty distinctively different sets of influences on each record.

21. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

If I remember the record right, Shoot had some serious pop country appeal imo. That chorus was catchy to me.

And their current bassist did really well with that Jeep commercial campaign. They still seem to be using that jingle.

22. Jared Luttrell

Regular

Wow it's insane that this is going to be ten tears old.

23. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

For some reason I still distinctly remember being in my 6th grade computer essentials class listening to these guys on my +44 Pandora channel. Fun band.

24. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Will have to go back and re-listen to this.

25. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

This doesn't feel 10 years old at all.