Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

boygenius: Julien Baker/Phoebe Bridgers/Lucy Dacus Tour

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by ItsAndrew, Aug 22, 2018.

1. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Catch me at one or both Chicago dates. This tour is going to be incredible.

[​IMG]

neo506 likes this.
  2. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

Detroit bound

3. Glasses

The Wiltern presale code is REMIX.

4. manoverboard365

Trusted

I'll be at the Brooklyn show 11/6.

I missed out on the limited variant. Really hope they have some special variant for sale at the show.

5. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

see you in Seattle nerds

6. estacey99

Oh yeah, oh yeah, everything is terrible.

debating on floor or balcony/mezz for this one

7. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Do these venues seem a little big to anyone else? Last time Phoebe was here she played a 300 cap and Julien played a 600 cap, now jumping up to a 1500? I figure the fanbases are PRETTY much the same, too.

8. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

Yeah that's a pretty big step up. For what it's worth Julien played a 950 cap room in Toronto last fall and the venue for this is 1,600 so maybe the difference isn't quite as pronounced in other places.

9. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I can't afford to get my ticket until next week so this is maybe just wishful thinking lol.

10. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I got my tickets to the second Chicago show. So exciting and I love the venue. I saw Julien there last year and it was a perfect setting for her. This tour is going to be really really special.

11. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Julien is playing the same venue in Chicago she played last time just two dates instead of one. I guess if the first date doesn’t sell out I will question it but I do think there’s a good chance one or both dates will sell out. The three of them just keep rising in popularity and playing boygenius songs will probably entice people to go because that may never happen again.

12. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, I don't think they'll sell out immediately but I do think they probably will mostly sell out.

13. theagentcoma

It's actually insane how different the venues are that Julien is playing now. Not two years ago I saw her here:

Vera_4-copy-500 (1).jpg

And now she'll be here this time:

KING-CRIMSON-at-Moore-Theater-Seattle.jpg

14. estacey99

Oh yeah, oh yeah, everything is terrible.

and the Drake before that is like 200 max (unless I'm missing headlining shows in between)

15. MacbethSin

Regular

Not that this means anything at all, but is anyone else shocked that Julien has the lowest monthly listeners in Spotify of the three of them?

16. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Buying my ticket on Friday for Detroit. Skipping a Wonder Years tour for the first time since 2013 to see it.

17. theagentcoma

I paid $150 for a damn ticket to the Seattle show, worth it

18. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Both Chicago shows at Thalia Hall are sold out. Quicker than expected but glad I was able to snag a ticket.

maryp1603 and mattfreaksmeout like this.
  19. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Woah no way. Wow so Julien at least is probably looking at the Riv next time she comes, which is awesome

20. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Just bought my ticket for Detroit after seeing how quick Chicago sold out.

21. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Late reply but Phoebe’s listener count is higher because she was in the 50 Shades of Gray movie soundtrack and has been in some commercials. I guess because Lucy released her album this year people are listening to her more.

22. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

It’s totally worth it but...$150? That is absolutely insane.

Some people are reselling tickets to the Chicago shows for as much as $200 which is ridiculous.

theagentcoma likes this.
  23. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

The Portland show isn’t sold out thank goodness

ItsAndrew likes this.
  24. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

It will be really cool to see this at a sold out show. My one hesitation that goes for those whole tour is people talking during the sets. Really hope that is my the case.

25. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

This tour starts tonight. If anyone going wants to post merch pictures and setlists that would be awesome.

MegT585 and local_corn like this.