Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

boygenius - boygenius (November 9, 2018) Album • Page 36

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Ben, Aug 20, 2018.

1. sonder

eat my shorts, jabronis

2. username

hey you lil piss baby

sonder, Barresi, theagentcoma and 8 others like this.
  3. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

oh hell yeah thats tomorrow

4. mad

I was right. Prestigious

loving these demos

5. bedwettingcosmo

the demo of bite the hand is so pretty at the end. how are these 3 so perfect together?

theagentcoma and mad like this.
  6. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

7. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

8. bedwettingcosmo

new LP, immediately please.

sonder, ItsAndrew, Mary V and 4 others like this.
  9. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

I miss them so much. Pretty sure I listen to the EP at least once a week.

ItsAndrew likes this.
  10. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

It will happen, but it will probably be after all three albums are out and they have had time to tour them (aka the album cycles are finished). Phoebe could go the route of new BOCC next but I do think there’s more demand out there for boygenius.

11. Brodobaggins34

They fixed your brain when you were young.

Yeah, this image was the ultimate fakeout when I saw it, scrolling. I thought it was a new album announcement and about lost my mind.

12. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Two years ago today (well, 11/4 since it is just past midnight here) the boygenius tour started. Still one of, if not the best, shows I have ever been to.

13. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

I'll never forget Phoebe and Lucy bowing down to Julien as she shredded on the guitar

14. mad

I was right. Prestigious

one of my biggest regrets in life was not jumping on the opportunity to see them in Toronto
    holding out hope I’ll see them someday
    :heart:

aoftbsten likes this.
  15. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

I had to miss the Boston date because I had a performance that night. I’m still bummed I missed it!

16. The_Pioneer

Regular

Don’t get me wrong, they were really good, but maaan, that show was sooooo long lol.

Maybe I’m just into concerts that much, but I was tired before they even started the boy genius songs. Lol

manoverboard365 likes this.
  17. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Not long enough

18. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Also I think JB’s set was the quietest the audience has ever been for any show I’ve attended. Was kind of surreal at how perfect everything sounded as a result

19. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

They were long (I was exhausted after both shows) but honestly so special that it did not even matter. I knew at the time this may be a one time thing so I welcomed all of it.

coleslawed and mad like this.
  20. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

Julien's set at my show was pretty much ruined by two drunk women who would not stop singing along, talking, and yelling at Julien in between and DURING songs. Then, I got too sick to go to the first Chicago show the next day. The Boygenius set I saw was incredible, but I unfortunately have some bad memories overall.

21. manoverboard365

Trusted

Yeah, it was an amazing show, but definitely was not the ideal show to see at a GA standing venue. My legs were killing me by the middle of Julien's set!

22. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

My back and legs were killing me though the whole show and being front row I could not go walk around anywhere unfortunately. I don’t think they could have done it any other way though that would have kept the specialness of it. They couldn’t do it like BOCC where they’re all on stage together the whole show. The way that they each hand their own sets was perfect.

23. mad

I was right. Prestigious

boygenius fans consistently making the best fan art

sonder, navidson, coleslawed and 8 others like this.
  24. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

I would buy those, not gonna lie

25. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Indie Mixtape posted this today. My answer is Adrianne Lenker.

Also lol @ Bartees comment, that would be sick too!