Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

boygenius - boygenius (November 9, 2018) Album • Page 32

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Ben, Aug 20, 2018.

1. Petition to get Sophie from SM and Lindsey from Snail Mail in boygenius. Or at least a tour together....

2. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

most played song of 2018 for me

3. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Was listening to all of their stuff yesterday and was surprised to see Julien has the least monthly listeners of the 3 on Spotify. I thought she was the most popular lol

4. radiodead

Trusted

The reaction to boygenius has been wayyy too positive for them to not put out at least a full length at some point right?

5. idk if I like the idea of adding members. Maybe tour together and feature them in songs.

6. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Hoping for a UK/Europe version of the tour.

7. I mean, that's definitely a more realistic idea. Just expressing my love for all these artists! A tour would be really cool.

8. AngryMan

Regular

coleslawed likes this.
  9. Ohh now that you mention it, yeah, there was some guy in front of the pit recording. I'll have to check that out when I get home.

10. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I think if you add anyone else, they’d start to drown yourself out. They’re perfect the way they are

oncenowagain and ChaseTx like this.
  11. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Would this conversation occur if three men had made an indie 'supergroup'?

Genuine question. I think talking about a fantasy supergroup is very normal and fun. I think talking about adding members to an already formed band who haven't suggested that is on the cards (have they?!) is an odd direction to take this conversation and I'm genuinely wondering if the same would occur with men.

I'm happy to be wrong, but that is my thought this morning and I hope I've raised it in the respectful way it was intended.

12. I get the whole "we're lumping female indie artists together just because they're women" but the scene (and industry as a whole) is so male dominated and male supergroups are such a commonality in comparison. Also, I'm fairly certain Phoebe has toured with/is friends with Soccer Mommy, if not also Snail Mail.

Hypothetically, if Justin Lin were to announce a spiritual successor to Better Luck Tomorrow, I'd be excited and want to come up with a dream cast of Asian American actors because we're so underrepresented.

CarpetElf, Mary V and Contender like this.
  13. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

People always joke about adding members to bad books so the answer may be yes

14. travisred

Trusted Supporter

Just realized I want Nathan in Bad Books now.

coleslawed, local_corn and teebs41 like this.
  15. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

As much as I love Sophie and Lindsey, I'm not sure they would mesh well with the other three. If we're adding another young female solo artist then my god add Georgia Maq.

16. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

To be honest, I don't think there are three comparable male artists at this time. If there were then yeah, I'd think it would. But this is a very specific and perfectly timed situation. Dacus/Bridgers/Baker/Matador deserve endless praise for how this was executed.

ChaseTx likes this.
  17. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Thank you to the three of you for replying. Interesting thoughts. Still not 100% sure how I feel but respect the fact that this has just been a fun conversation for everyone and not a malicious thing! Thanks again for these examples.

CarpetElf likes this.
  18. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

sonder and coleslawed like this.
  19. mad

I was right. Prestigious

finally own this on vinyl :iloveyou:

20. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

From an interview with Julien the other day:

[​IMG]

21. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

best news

22. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Yes!!!!

23. PatRFinley

Early Onset Grump LFGM Supporter

Seeing them was the best show I’ve ever been to so yes please, give me all the Boygenius

24. Justin Roux

Trusted Supporter

Going from “Could you imagine getting a full album??” to “Holy shit we might be getting a full album” just made my Friday, my weekend, my next week, and possibly my month.

coleslawed, Mary V, CarpetElf and 2 others like this.
  25. manoverboard365

Trusted

Well that just made my day