Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

boygenius - boygenius (November 9, 2018) Album • Page 30

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Ben, Aug 20, 2018.

1. BackwardsWalker

Regular

They did a cover of The Killers’ “Read My Mind” tonight. It was fantastic.

2. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Oh man!

3. mad

I was right. Prestigious

gotta hear that cover

Joe4th likes this.
  4. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

what the fuhhhh get this on YOUTUBE

5. BackwardsWalker

Regular

There were plenty of phones up; I’m sure it’ll be up at some point today.

6. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Has a cover been pretty common in the set then? Dixie Chicks And now The Killers. I’m excited to see the whole show tonight!

7. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

they didn't cover anything at the utah date

8. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

It seems like Phoebe always does a cover. It's cool that they're working those into full group stuff now

I only know the 2 Killers songs everyone knows tho

9. BackwardsWalker

Regular

Someone posted it

10. @@ron

Regular

Before I even listened somehow I knew phoebe would sing the “two star town” line, like I could already hear it. Such a cool song for them to cover!

11. PepsiOne

Formerly PepsiOne Supporter

Julien/Matt Berninger duet tonight, bad ass

12. (repost from Supporters forum)

I don't have a record player or a BluRay player, so I've been collecting CDs and DVDs instead.

Went to the merch table at the Boygenius show to buy the CD, but they didn't have the CD. There is no CD. Fuuuuuu--

[​IMG]

So I got Sprained Ankle instead. (I was planning to get the other three anyway.)

dotKev likes this.
  13. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

That Read My Mind cover filled my life’s purpose and I am posting from the great beyond now.

Larry David and TheoW593 like this.
  14. They played it last night! I guess that means I am also dead.

15. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Julien stole the show for me last night. All three of them have wonderful futures ahead of them

16. BackwardsWalker

Regular

boygenius

Good quality of the cover about 21 minutes in here

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  17. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Holy god damn fucking shit the killers cover is the greatest thing to ever happen

Anthony Brooks likes this.
  18. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Julien may have been doing this for awhile now, but when she played "Turn Out The Lights" she changed the lyrics from "I'd never do it, but it's not a joke," to "Maybe I'd do it, but it's not a joke." Anyone else notice this?

19. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

Yeah that gutted me

Larry David and Justin Roux like this.
  20. Justin Roux

Trusted Supporter

I’m glad people have been saying she’s been looking happy at their shows. She looked really down at my show, and between that and the change i left feeling really worried. I just hope she’s doing alright

21. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

I just want to live inside these harmonies.

22. benjammin07

had such a blast at their show in San Diego. Lucy dacus stole the show for me and I came in only knowing her from boygenius. music is so awesome sometimes.

Julien Baker was a huge let down for me personally. her voice is still spot on, but the way she sings away from the mic and the particular engineer that night just did a bad job for me. she just always sounded distant and low and it totally took away from her performance for me. felt like you were struggling to hear her over literally anything else happening on stage

23. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I really wish I liked this more. Maybe something more will click, but this hasn't moved beyond "this is nice" territory for me.

24. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I listened to this about four times in a row yesterday haha. I think it's my favorite release of the year.

25. johnnyferris likes this.