Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

boygenius - boygenius (November 9, 2018) Album • Page 29

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Ben, Aug 20, 2018.

1. j0nnymarrzbar

Regular

I'm so happy that i got to see Julien Baker play in front of like 100 people a few months ago. Without doubt one of the greatest singers I've ever seen live and now the rest of the world gets to finally witness her talents.

2. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I am looking forward to this show but also struggling to remember I'm attending since it's a holiday weekend and annoyingly a Sunday. I saw their insta story about driving thru Snoqualmie Pass and was like Hey what are they doing around here.... Oh yeah it's for the tour I'm attending lmao

theagentcoma and waking season like this.
  3. Kiana

Also I think Something might be my fave Julien song

4. Ellite25

Regular

Easily my favorite. Love the guitar, the lyrics, and the build up to the emotional ending. It’s perfect.

5. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

I mean, Something is great (every Julien song is great), but Hurt Less and Turn Out The Lights are literally perfect in every way

dotKev, Connor and Zac Djamoos like this.
  6. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Yep it’s my favorite too. Everybody Does comes close because of the lyrics but Something is on another level.

Zac Djamoos likes this.
  7. 715creeks

Meet me in Montauk

We just saw Camille and Julien outside the venue. @Kennedy lowkey scared Julien when he abruptly said we were stoked to see them later.

Connor, bachna84 and Larry David like this.
  8. 715creeks

Meet me in Montauk

Wow, that concert was something else. I’ve never seen JB smile that much that. The first three sets were great, but Boygenius was something else

coleslawed and Connor like this.
  9. mad

I was right. Prestigious

if/WHEN I see these guys I just know that “if this is a prison I’m willing to buy my own chains” will destroy me

10. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

ready for this show tonight

11. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Ready for this show tomorrow

theagentcoma likes this.
  12. theagentcoma

FUCK this show was so good. I've never seen Phoebe and my eyes instantly welled up with tears at the first sound of her voice.

that was special. the first time the three of them stepped up to their mics for the three part harmonies in the boygenius set, I knew I was witnessing greatness. I for one welcome our new boygenius overladies

13. hermanthehermit

Paris, Texas Climate Accord Supporter

Agreed. Tonight was incredible. I wish they would have stopped that buzz after Lucy Dacus' set, though. It was driving me bananas.

theagentcoma likes this.
  14. theagentcoma

the part where Phoebe and Marshall couldn't finish that cover without laughing was so goddamn funny

hermanthehermit likes this.
  15. hermanthehermit

It was almost too perfect, sending Marshall off stage right before the "do it yourself" verse.

theagentcoma likes this.
  16. Kiana

My back hurts so bad from standing if they had played one more song I would've just keeled over and died. My back started hurting before Lucy even came on so. It was a struggle lol.

I'm getting too old for this!

17. Kiana

I got home about 2:40AM and it's 7:05AM and I have to go to work and I'm feeling v underwhelmed about this lol. The show was great. I was like second row but everyone at the barrier was taller than me so I still couldn't always see. It was kinda annoying cause right before Julien came on a girl pushed in front of me which was weird cause it's not a pushy show obv. At first I thought she was trying to get back up to someone she knew but naw just pushed me out of my spot and then had a poofy hairstyle so she blocked my view and she only looked about twelve lol so idk who was responsible for her bur mehh. Luckily she left after a few songs tho she tried to push her way back up later. Then right before boygenius a few more people pushed their way up which sucked cause it closed the gaps that I need to see between people's shoulder blades. I guess I just didn't expect the pushiness at a chill show!

They all sounded great and looked like they had fun together. I just remember being a teenager and going to these stacked tour lineups and eagerly standing thru them all including the local acts they'd throw on stage and I could endure it but yeeeah those days are over I think lmao. Was about to be like okay people back up I'm doing yoga poses!!

ChaseTx likes this.
  18. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

JohnR831, zmtr, ChaseTx and 1 other person like this.
  19. theagentcoma

20. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

Made it onto YouTube now

coleslawed and ChaseTx like this.
  21. Whoa, this is cool

22. hermanthehermit

theagentcoma likes this.
  23. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

For any gear heads interested in this sort of thing

coleslawed and jean-luc davis like this.
  24. Kiana Nov 29, 2018
    (Last edited: Nov 29, 2018)
    Kiana

Lol as a beginner guitar learner person gear is so interesting to me but I get so overwhelmed and anxious with it too cause I'm like ahh I have so much to learn and there's too much and I can't handle it!!

Edit: omg yeah this entire video made me so anxious especially her pedal board thing I cannot

jean-luc davis and oncenowagain like this.
  25. Glasses

If anyone wants is interested in going to the show at the Wiltern tomorrow night 11/30 I have an extra ticket I can sell you