Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Boy Erased (Joel Edgerton, September 28, 2018) Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by OhTheWater, Apr 26, 2018.

1. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Footage premiered at CinemaCon

2. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

supposed to be a big oscars favorite

3. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

4. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

russ looking thicc and old as shit

5. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Looks really good. I love Lucas.

6. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

my kind of Crowe

7. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

I love the performances in this, but The cinematography was so bland.

I also knew I was going to get something similar to Cameron post, but I had no idea just how similar it’d be. A little heavier with less moments of levity, but the comparisons definitely make sense beyond just the conversion camp theme.

All in all an 8/10 for me but I’m sure this will do great during award season.

8. iCarly Rae Jepsen

9. eight30

Regular

I was kind of disappointed by this. I think the structure hurt it.

10. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Nicole Kidman is great in this but is she never not, I was worried it would be kinda ironic I guess like the star of Moulin Rogue driving someone to gay conversion therapy but it was more delicate than that, same with Cherry Jones
    I appreciated that they didn't make the parents necessarily evil, but it's also like it's tough to think that parents would do that to their kids out of love in a weird way and not out of hate
    I liked how they showed Jared kinda figuring out whether he believed all this or not
    I did not recognize Flea even though I noticed that incredible credit of "with Flea and Russell Crowe"
    also interesting how both this and Cameron Post focused more on the pyschological torture versus the physical, though there was that one scene where it got physical, I guess I just always associate it with ECT, but obviously being told that God hates you because of the way you are and you are evil is equally damaging
    conversion therapy
    the one thing Cameron Post definitely did better was giving all the other characters personalities