Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Box Car Racer Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by therookielot, Apr 1, 2016.

1. therookielot

Punk, Absolute Prestigious

Miss them.

2. me too. i loved BCR almost as much as Blink.

3. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

You think Boxcar would of continued if Mark wasn't so offended? Say Travis was never in the band?

4. therookielot

5. Preserved Moose

Amateur Hour

Awesome album. I wish I had some BCR merch. The red silhouette thing was so dope. If Tom really wanted to make some fast money he'd put some of their stuff for sale!

6. Ryan Milliken

I like BCR but I personally think AvA is better, if not toms best work. Blink is fun though.

coleslawed likes this.
  7. AVA was fine the first go around. But after the first album, pretty much every song just started blending together. BCR had grit, experimentation, catchiness, everything that Tom is/was good at.

MRose24 likes this.
  8. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

I have a vinyl copy of the S/T Hot Topic put out, looks nice. It has a small dent on the B-side though since HT doesn't know how to take care of their merchandise.

9. therookielot

I would even go as far as saying this was Tom's best work. Came out at a pretty angsty time in my youth.

dustman likes this.
  10. DyingGaslight

DyingUnderGaslight

Wish I had found this version of Cat Like Thief earlier. So god damn good.

dustman and Preserved Moose like this.
  11. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

My favourite Box Car Racer song features guest vocals from Mark Hoppus. Not sure where that leaves me. I will say BCR had some really good songs and I personally wish I didn’t evolve into AvA sound. That just me though.

12. Preserved Moose

Amateur Hour

That's cool. Always disappointed a studio version of that unreleased song they played live never came out.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  13. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

BCR came out right as 8th grade was wrapping up and I was getting ready to go to High School. Perfect album for that summer and why it will always hold a special place for me personally.

DyingGaslight likes this.
  14. DyingGaslight

DyingUnderGaslight

Yeah this song is unreal. Really wish they would've finished it properly.

15. DyingGaslight

DyingUnderGaslight

Hints of Violence at the beginning so cool.

bradsonemanband likes this.