Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Boston Thread Location • Page 53

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Chaplain Tappman, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Went up to Burlington last night for a birthday dinner at The Melting Pot. So much snow up there... and unsurprisingly NOTHING when we got back home to the Cape. This place is a snow desert the past two years. We just want one amazing snowfall that sticks for a day or two for our kids to enjoy before moving to OK next summer.

waking season likes this.
  2. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

guess we’re all getting snow tonight

3. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Governor Baker: It'd be a tremendously bad idea to travel tomorrow unless you're a health care/essential worker.

My boss: What snow storm, see you in the office at 9.

4. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

My mom gifted my husband and I with a snow blower early this Christmas...

...it’s arriving Friday.

5. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

I just shoveled a foot of snow out in western MA, heard the cape got a lot less though. I hope it's enough for your kids to enjoy!

Matt and Brent like this.
  6. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

We actually got about 7 inches where I am and kids had fun... but it turned to mush right when you step in it. Mix of rain/snow most for most of the day but should go back to snow around 2PM and maybe try going sledding.

skogsraet likes this.
  7. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

We lost power about an hour ago. Going to suck having to go out and shovel, only to come back inside to a cold house! Ughhhh

8. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

I'm from Western Mass as well, not quite as much snow as I expected we'd get but the drive to the office this morning wasn't great!

skogsraet likes this.
  9. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

We got a foot in Milford MA (right off the pike), got a new snow blower this year. worked well.

jorbjorb likes this.
  10. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Not Boston but MA related... got a letter in the mail that my Pandemic Unemployment Assistance was approved by the Commonwealth... even though I have a job and never put in for that. Fun times, 2020.
    [​IMG]

11. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

And yeah.... Thats an issue that someones got your social security perhaps... Governor Baker said that calling Unemployment should take 1 minute.... I doubt that, 100%. But there <IS> a fraud number to call. good luck!

jorbjorb likes this.
  12. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

13. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

I just went to the website on the back of the letter and did a fraud report online, took a minute or so and I didn't have to talk anyone so that's a plus.

Needed just the last 6 digits of my SSN, so not sure if the full or partial is needed to sign up for it, but they still had my address and DOB, too, which is frightening.

14. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

There were plenty of stories about this when PUA went live.... It wasnt pretty for some people. Againm good luck! Perhaps think about getting a credit report, or freezing your credit report... :/

Brent and jorbjorb like this.
  15. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

fuck off

16. cherrywaves

Trusted

Absolutely garbage

17. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Smittzerland, Barresi and Matt like this.
  18. Matt

i need State Park in Cambridge to fully reopen so I can do a weekend of drinking in Boston once I'm fully vaccinated in a few weeks

alina likes this.
  19. brigid

is this thing on Prestigious

I'm glad they've held on - so many places around Kendall had to perma close and it's really sad
    (biggest RIP to the automatic, the best bar in that area, your shining light was brief yet bright)

alina, Surfwax and Matt like this.
  20. Matt

I was surprised to hear Bukowski closed too. Always had a fun time there and they always had good music playing. At least the original is still open I guess

21. cherrywaves

Trusted

I thought the one in Back Bay was still open?

22. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

It is.

23. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

24. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

brattle returns in july!

25. Allhailburnzy

Trusted Supporter

Tasty Burger is better than In N Out