Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Boston Thread Location • Page 49

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Chaplain Tappman, Apr 1, 2016.

1. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Waltham is where i'm thinking of going next. I work out in Holliston but wanna remain semi-close to the city.

2. JulieLynn

Karma is the Guy On The Chiefs Supporter

I grew up/went to high school in Ashland which is right next to Holliston.

3. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

We rented in Holliston (North Mill St) for a year. Wasnt the best of places for us, but we ended up in Milford.

4. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Holliston reminds me so much of Stars Hollow from Gilmore Girls haha. There's just like, nothing here.

JulieLynn likes this.
  5. JulieLynn

6. EarthShifts

Trusted

waking season likes this.
  7. JulieLynn

yeah, thank god. But why was she there and who is that dude?!?!?!

That and more tonight on Fox 25 news at 10.

8. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Story just seems a bit sketchy... hopefully it's not but something just doesn't seem right with how quickly she was found/this was all cleared up.

9. cherrywaves

Trusted

How is it sketchy? I’m not even trying to be a dick but it seems like it adds up

10. EarthShifts

Trusted

It was 1 out yesterday and outside my house is currently one sheet of ice, but the forecast says it’s gonna be 56 on Thursday. Crazy.

JulieLynn likes this.
  11. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Very much not looking forward to all the slush and slop the next few days before it cools down again

12. JulieLynn

I got my rain boots, my new rain coat I got on sale for $24.50 at Target after Christmas and my umbrella. I'm fucking ready!!!!!!!!

13. JulieLynn

You haven't watched enough SVU then. This story is going to unravel soon.

14. drewinseries

Drew

How do you like Milford?

Fiance and I want to buy a house after our wedding this year, but don't want to spend a ton on a small house as it is closer to the city. Issue is I work in Fenway, so semi close to the Worcester line is ideal. She works in Marlborough.

15. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

SO many shows announced this week. Bought tickets for three different shows in the span of two days. Lord.

16. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I’m torn between seeing PUP in Boston or Mono/Emma Ruth Rundle in Portsmouth on May 18th.

17. SincerelyEmma

Does anyone have any good recommendations/tips for things to do in Boston during the winter?

My girlfriend and I just moved from the west coast a month ago and I nanny in CT 4 days a week and then spend weekends in Boston with her, but this cold is killing us haha. I feel like we've been spending every weekend indoors alone playing video games instead of going out and meeting people or exploring. If anyone has any advice on beating the winter blues here please fill me in.

18. lati

formerly spaghettti Supporter

Depending on where you live, when I lived near Davis Square I used to love just taking the T and going to the various squares for food, drinks, or dessert. My bf and i would usually get fucked up and then end up at Mikes eating spaghetti at 2AM

SincerelyEmma and EarthShifts like this.
  19. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

We like the school system very much. Im happy here. You have good/bad of the town, buts its ok!

20. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

Going to be in Boston mid July what should I do/see thx

21. drewinseries

Drew

Great to hear! We’re gettng married in November and looking to grab our first home after that. Kind of looking everywhere like Natick (probably have to be a condo since prices are insane, we rent here now), Ashland, the Boroughs, Milford, Hudson, Hopkinton, Holliston etc

22. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

What kind of things do you like to do?

23. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

We're up for anything really, would love to spend a lot of time outside, visit some breweries

24. drewinseries

Drew

For breweries, Harpoon, Sam Adams, if you feel like driving half an hour west, Jacks Abby/Springdale in Framingham.

Max_123 likes this.
  25. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

Stealing these posts from the Beer Thread for breweries to hit up. If you have a car I would definitely recommend trying to hit up Treehouse. Weekday evenings the line is usually pretty short. Plus, there's a BBQ place down the street from them that's good and BYOB.

I would just hang out in the Common for a few hours, it's just a big park in the middle of the city. Boston is a pretty walkable city and you can just kind of wander around if you want. You can always follow the Freedom Trail and that hits all the big historic and touristy spots. We usually take visitors on a Duckboat tour when they come for the first time. They're pretty fun and a good way to hit the whole city in like 2 hours. You have to get tickets ahead of time and they are a little pricey. Castle Island in Southie is a nice outdoor spot and decent beach but gets crowded.

Max_123 likes this.