Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Boston Thread Location • Page 45

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Chaplain Tappman, Apr 1, 2016.

1. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

When I heard it was snowing in MA I made sure to text my family and let them know it’s 80 degrees here in SC lol

Still moving back to MA this year though

Brent likes this.
  2. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Honestly it's gorgeous outside of my office window right now.

3. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Luckily ours is already almost completely melted

4. drewinseries

Drew

Yeah this was nothing. I am ready for sunnier days though. Had a good walk with the pups in Natick on Saturday through the woods, could do with some more of that soon.

5. Matt

Anyone going to Pax this week?

6. Iago

forbidden chalice.

I have a couple friends going but it's not in the cards for me this year unfortunately

7. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Gonna be in Boston for 24 hours in a few weeks. Been there once before and did alot of the touristy stuff (Fenway, Sam Adams, History walk). What are some not so touristy, but awesome places to visit when in Boston?

SaveTheEarth likes this.
  8. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

There's always a bunch of cool DIY basement punk shows if you're into that sort of thing. Shoot me a message if that tickles your fancy. There's a lot of cool bars/restaurants in Cambridge and Allston (and general fun if you just walk around those neighborhoods). A lot of the basement shows are usually in Allston or JP (near Sam Adams). As far as sight-seeing goes, check out the Gartner Museum and the Harvard natural history museum.

SEANoftheDEAD likes this.
  9. MidDave

Cambridge is always awesome. Back Bay is too. Allston has the most delicious $4 burger you can get at the Avenue.

Brent and SEANoftheDEAD like this.
  10. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

+ awesome drink specials.

11. MidDave

Truth! Also, I love the North End. Bovas bakery is fantastic/open 24 hours so you can def fit it in whenever.

12. drewinseries

Drew

Cambridge, specifically Harvard Square is one of my favorite places in the area. Allston has got the good food and venues as well. I second Gardner museum.

SEANoftheDEAD likes this.
  13. cherrywaves

Trusted

Go to Armageddon Records in Harvard Square. Best record shop in the area although Deep Thoughts in JP is cool.

Seconding the Avenue, amazing wings

Penguin at Brigham Circle is the best pizza in Boston proper imo

Bovas and South Street Diner are both open 24/7 which is cool

Windsor Dim Sum cafe in Chinatown is great, as is Shojo

Brent, SEANoftheDEAD and SaveTheEarth like this.
  14. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

THanks for the recs everyone!!

15. MidDave

Shojo rules. Crave Mad For Chicken is also great in that area.

16. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Anyone ever catch any Cape Cod baseball league games?

17. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

When I was a kid we'd see one every summer when we went to the cape. Its fun

Brent likes this.
  18. paulmanley

ton's of shows in boston tomorrow, but hoping to catch young statues set at that run for cover thing before the bruins game.

19. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

I won't be able to make it to the Turnstile/Touche Amore Boston show tonight if anyone wants to buy my ticket. Paid 25 including fees, selling it for 25.

20. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

Brent and skogsraet like this.
  21. MidDave

Rad!

22. Matt

Next person to go into Bukowski’s in Cambridge’s men’s room, look for my 1975 - Music For Cars scribbled on the chalk wall. It’s been there for a few weeks now lol

Also shoutout to Bukowskis for paying all of the latest tame impala album so I could drunkenly sing it at my girlfriend

Brent likes this.
  23. MidDave

Anyone in here got a good mechanic?

24. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Going to Fenway for tomorrow night's game... how's traffic leaving around 10PMish headed south usually?

25. cherrywaves

Trusted

There is stupid traffic on 93 South at literally any hour haha

Brent likes this.