Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Boston Thread Location • Page 43

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Chaplain Tappman, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Surfwax

bring on the major leagues Supporter

Portland is awesome. I'm pretty settled in Boston at the moment, but if I were looking to move to the city from any New England suburb I think Portland is pretty much an equally good pick, arguably better since I imagine rent is a lot cheaper. Providence, too.

2. drewinseries

Drew

My girlfriend is doing a comedy fundraiser for her Boston Marathon campaign for Dana Farber in Watertown. I've seen the headliner who is hilarious (pharmacist at a super stop and shop, great local comedian) and am friends with the host. Vice Cream will giving out free ice cream and there will be some speakers, should be a fun night, and all for a great cause.

tickets: Comedy for a Cure
    [​IMG]

3. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Hah, this is like, right next to my house.

4. drewinseries

Drew

Come! Artie the headliner is so funny. Free ice cream, goes to a great cause etc, etc.

5. MidDave

I'll see if I can! I live one street behind and like four houses over from it.

6. drewinseries

Drew

There used to be a blockbuster in the plaza where the stop and shop is. Place was legendary. Lately I'm only through there if I'm heading to Cambridge or Brighton

7. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

shout out to the fried brussels sprouts at cambridge brewing company

Aj LaGambina and drewinseries like this.
  8. cherrywaves

Trusted

Ryan Garner, skogsraet and Wharf Rat like this.
  9. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

I have a spare ticket for the Matt Pond PA show Thursday night @ Brighton Music Hall if anyone wants it. Was going to go with my ex but obviously not anymore so I'd hate to see it go to waste. It's free, get at me.

10. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

first big storm of the year and its not even a 3 day noreaster smh

skogsraet likes this.
  11. Matt

it's been less than 10 degrees every morning since before christmas and I want to die

Barresi, skogsraet and Wharf Rat like this.
  12. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Got frostbite within a couple minutes yesterday and I had gloves on

Wharf Rat likes this.
  13. EarthShifts

Trusted

Same here. Had to shovel a bit more when I got home from work and couldn’t feels my fingers within minutes.

Hope everyone is staying warm!

14. Brent Feb 21, 2018
    (Last edited: Feb 21, 2018)
    Brent

Trusted Prestigious

I traded with someone at recruiting school today to get New England... which covers MA/NH/ME... but requested Cape Cod/Plymouth Area if possible. Excited to live up in that area and I'll be in Boston a lot as that's where our main office is located for that region.

mattav152 likes this.
  15. EarthShifts

Trusted

Plymouth!!

16. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

I got Plymouth. So if anyone around there ever feels like joining the Army within the next three years hit me up, lol.

17. EarthShifts

Trusted

That’s my hometown. Enjoy!

18. Matt

Watch out for that dang rock

EarthShifts likes this.
  19. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

We were so disappointed in it when we were there two summers ago. So much smaller than we thought it would be growing up and hearing the story lol

We're excited to go back though and re-do this photo with our kid now (and eventually our new kiddo when she arrives in April/May). We were coming back from the Angels game at Fenway going to where we were vacationing on Cape Cod and stopped by for late lunch on the 3rd of July.

[​IMG]

20. EarthShifts

Trusted

Oh yea. The rock is incredibly disappointing. I always felt bad for the bus loads of people that would crowd around each summer.

Brent likes this.
  21. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

What are the main venues in Boston to start following for shows?

22. brigid

is this thing on Prestigious

the big ones:
    the sinclair in harvard sq is my favorite
    brighton music hall in allston
    paradise rock club in boston
    house of blues

smaller places:
    great scott in allston
    obrien's pub in allston
    midway cafe in JP
    once in somerville
    lilypad in cambridge

there's also the middle east in cambridge, they're a big venue, but they had some weird shady stuff with former management go down that wasn't handled with much transparency so i haven't been going since

also providence RI is close enough that if a show is coming through at columbus theater or something and the tour isn't also passing through boston, it's a reasonable trip

23. lati

formerly spaghettti Supporter

there's also sonia in cambridge and the royale

skogsraet likes this.
  24. Matt

The Met in Providence is really great because it’s like a bar but big bands play there.

25. MidDave

Royale is good. Brian Fallon loves that spot.