Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Boston Thread Location • Page 41

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Chaplain Tappman, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

I live in Agawam so I'm in Noho all the time! Herrell's for ice cream, Local Burger for burgers, The Foundry/Toasted Owl/ McLaddens for drinks

Honestly I don't think I've had a bad meal in Northampton

2. EarthShifts

Trusted

Enjoy! I went to college in Western Mass and have fond memories of Northampton in the fall.

3. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Boston area friends, where should I watch the game tonight?

4. cherrywaves

Trusted

The Avenue in Allston is fun

5. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

6. Surfwax

bring on the major leagues Supporter

Avenue has the best thin patty burger I've ever had. Went there alll the time when I lived in Brighton.

7. EarthShifts

Trusted

Anyone from the Maynard area? My wife and I are gonna be moving that way. It's a bit further west than we thought we'd go for but it seems like a small town that's on the rise.

8. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

9. EntryLevelTank

If anyone here is looking for, or knows someone who is looking for a place to live near Boston i've got a room opening in Watertown.

10. polyfilla

who can never be sure

Wharf Rat likes this.
  11. Wharf Rat

polyfilla likes this.
  12. drewinseries

Drew

I've heard Maynard is a great place to live.

EarthShifts likes this.
  13. EarthShifts

Trusted

Thanks! I'm a bit nervous about the entire thing. First time home buyer and the stress is high. Haha

14. drewinseries

Drew

I'll be you in, ideally 2-3 years. Best of luck!

EarthShifts likes this.
  15. EarthShifts

Trusted

Thanks! You too! It's an overwhelming experience and massachusetts is tough right now.

16. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

I worked at Monster in the mills in Maynard. They moved years ago......

17. Chuck!

Regular

I'll be in the Boston area on Saturday 12/16 with a few friends. We have no plans at the moment. I'd be grateful for any suggestions!

I mean, we could do breweries and the Bruins game but I kind of want something more unique. Doesn't need to be Boston proper, either, we don't have our hotel yet

18. drewinseries

Drew

Interested in having a discussion with folks who are interested in this:

Newton Police Buried With Leaf Blower Complaints

Want to disclose my potential bias, the landscaper interviewed in this article is my uncle. Him and my father have owned a landscaping business together for ~40 years in Newton, and have serviced metrowest and parts of Boston since.

19. EntryLevelTank

There really isn't anything bigger for the people of Newton to worry about? Calling the cops 18 times over a leafblower is absurd.

skogsraet and Wharf Rat like this.
  20. Wharf Rat

Yeah if a leaf blower is your main complaint about the state of your neighborhood I find it pretty hard to feel sympathetic

21. drewinseries

Drew

Half of the 320 calls to police since April have been by the same 15 people, with one person calling 18 times. That means aside from the 18 time caller, a person in this group of 15 calls the police 9 times...75 percent of the time the police arrive the landscapers are gone (which I think shows how quickly the noise is over with), or are using a different tool (lawnmower, weed whacker) which shows these people call st the sight of a landscaper, or are abiding by the regulations.

The people that aren't abiding by the regulations are the city workers and their subcontracts...

This was also never voted on by the public. This small group complained enough to get town hall meetings, where a committee voted it in. This is just getting public attention now because of the news segment and the police noting it's wildly a waste of their time and resources.

22. drewinseries

Drew

These people are very wealthy, and very entitled. I think they feel they can bully blue collar workers simply because they are laborers.

23. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

That’s the most Newton thing ever.

24. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

Theres people like that in every town who are just looking for something to complain about. In my town on the Cape, maybe two months ago we just had a guy try to get music and a bunch of other stuff banned from all the public beaches. Why? Because t "disrupts" his enjoyment of his beachfront property. This never went to a public vote and the homeowners association the guy is president of managed to get it in front of a town meeting but it eventually got dropped when a huge percentage of our town petitioned against the guy. Maybe you could go about starting a petition like that. Tbh I'm not exactly sure how to go about it all because I've never done it myself nor do I know how the laws work regarding that kind of thing.

25. EntryLevelTank

I mean, leaf blowers and lawn mowers are objectively annoying. But no one is using them for more than 20 minutes. Chill.