Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Boston Thread Location • Page 40

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Chaplain Tappman, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Treehouse is the true king of the north. Haven't been there in a little while because of the lines though. I live semi close to it so i feel blessed

2. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

Row 34 has a really good beer list and a nice patio outdoors to sit and relax. They also have an extensive raw bar if you're into that kind of food. They're also basically next door to Trillium which is super convenient.

3. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

If you're already at Trillium, spend a few extra bucks and get a drink at Oak + Rowan. Probably the best cocktails I've ever had.

4. drewinseries

Drew

Got someone to sublet my Brighton apartment for the summer, I'm living with my parents in Newton until July, when I'll move to Natick Center with my girlfriend. ~2 minute walk to the commuter rail, ~25 minute ride to Yawkey where my office is less than two minute walk away....psyched.

Either way, I was trying to explain the MBTA to the sublet, and had a difficult time actually explaining it. I don't think i've ever had to do that in such detail.

5. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

"Picture your worst nightmare. Now put it on wheels. That's the MBTA" - Last time I had to explain it.

6. drewinseries

Drew

That's a good description.

7. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

If anyone is heading to Pride today I'm in a rainbow the 1975 hat. Say hey!

8. drewinseries

Drew

Anybody suffer that shit storm of a day from the MBTA today? I'm partial to panic attacks underground and reading the tweets about it sound terrifying.

9. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

My coworkers did. Sounded terrible

10. drewinseries

Drew

My manager said people had to be medically evacuated on some trains due to overheating/claustrophobia. Absolutely terrible. Red Line has issues later in the day as well.

11. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

What happenned?

12. devenstonow

Noobie

IIRC from @universalhub the green line had a signal issue or something near park street.

so, you know, the T had to pretty much shut down as is tradition

13. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

oh ugly.... BTDT plenty of times. Glad I donbt rely on it anymore.

I used to take the commuter rail from Southborough -> south station -> green -> orange -> shuttle bus....

2 hrs <each way>.

14. EarthShifts

Trusted

Hey Everyone! My new album is out today and wanted to share in case anyone was interested. It's called "Local Divide" and is available for download/streaming on all major services, but here is a direct link to my bandcamp if you do that too. I was in a band called The Okay Win for a while but I ended things earlier this year, so this is the first thing under just my name in a while.

I'm having a release show next Sunday 7/2 at The Lily Pad in Cambridge. If you're around, come on by!

Local Divide, by Stephen MacDonald

15. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

Any good/cheap shows in Boston/Cambridge this Saturday July 1st?

16. Aj LaGambina

Hey man, we all can't be like you Supporter

Hey guys. Killing time at Beer Works across from Fenway for a while. Anyone in the area wanna drop by and say Hi, feel welcome. I'm just sitting at the bar being antisocial hahaha

17. drewinseries

Drew

Girlfriend and I just moved into our apartment in Natick Center, damn is it nice. 30 minute train ride in the AM to work, 20 minute express ride home. We have a beautiful, massive 2 bed apartment, with screened in porch, dining room with fireplace on the first floor of a beautiful old home. After two years in Allston, I feel like I live in the middle of nowhere, but I am loving it.

EarthShifts likes this.
  18. cherrywaves

Trusted

Shot in the dark but anyone know someone trying to sell a ticket for SZA? Holler at me

19. lati

formerly spaghettti Supporter

I keep hearing that Natick is THE place to live. Happy to see more living proof haha.

So if my sources are correct, this month, a cat cafe, Purr Boston Cat Cafe, will open this month in Brighton. I'm so fucking pumped.

20. drewinseries

Drew

I've been here for 1.5 months and I am loving it. Certain things had to fall into place for it to really work well for my commute to Boston. I work at Dana Farber, in a building in Fenway, so my apartment is ~5 minute walk to the commuter rail in Natick Center, 30 minutes down to Yawkey, and my building is about a minute walk (right across the street) from there. 20 minute express train on the way home, leaves Yawkey and doesn't stop until Natick Center. For that, I had to live close to the center. Natick Center btw is about as aesthetically pleasing as any New England town could be. Pretty old brick buildings, grass and parks, tons of rad food and a few bars, including a cafe/bakery i'm in right now.

On the other side of things, Natick had a ton of awesome parks and trails, including Broadmoor, an awesome Mass Audubon Sanctuary. There's also literally anything you could want for shopping nearby. Malls, movies, every store, fast food chain, etc.

For the beer folks, theres Jack's Abby brewery, 5 minute drive from Natick Center. Huge taproom with all of their beers and a full menu. Next door, is their barrel room, with their special oak beers and a massive hall with arcarde and lawn games, it's sick. Also, Lookout Farm has a cider taproom with food and games too.

Feel like this was an ad to live in Natick, but with the space/quality I get for money, it's way better than Allston/Brighton.

21. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

I went to Jacks Abby a few mths ago. Had a hotdog/pretzel and wife/I had a couple beers.

Nice place. :)

22. drewinseries

Drew

Yeah it's gnarly. If you make it back, go to Springdale, better beers IMO, fun games, and you can get Jack's Abby food delivered!

23. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Wore my JA shirt the other day, it's the best

24. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

just moved to Northampton for the year

any recs for cool stuff would be much appreciated

EarthShifts likes this.
  25. drewinseries

Drew

Jakes for food, for sure.

nfdv2 likes this.