Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Boston Thread Location • Page 4

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Chaplain Tappman, Apr 1, 2016.

1. I'm going. I saw them at the HOB the past two Decembers so I'm interested in seeing how they do in a large venue.

2. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

I remember seeing them at the Sinclair. That will never happen again

3. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

big fan of the sinclair

4. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

I'll be at the Brand New one!

Iago likes this.
  5. Surfwax

bring on the major leagues

is brand new just the mansfield show or did i miss a headline in the city announcement

6. Iago

forbidden chalice.

Yeah, it's the Mansfield one.

7. Surfwax

currently sitting in winter hill brewing co (coffee in the am brewpub at night) in somerville which just opened monday and is my new favorite place in the world already so consider yourself recommended if you're in the area

8. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

Just checking in because I need to be a part of this.

9. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

Sounds great, I'm gonna have to check it out soon. I really want to go to the flotation therapy place over there as well, ha.

I was at Flatbread in Somerville a couple of weeks ago. If you haven't been, I strongly encourage you to do so!

10. Surfwax

Oo pizza and bowling place? Been there once, was a huge fan. Definitely would like to get back there at some point in the near future. You ever been to Dave's Fresh Pasta just outside of Davis? The sandwiches are fantaaaastic.

11. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

Yep, the pizza and bowling place! Great beer, great food, cool atmosphere.

I have not been to Dave's. I've actually only been to Somerville once or twice. I'm actively telling myself to start making it over there more often though. Running out of cool places to hang out in JP.

12. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

I'm seeing Waxahatchee in New Hampshire in May at the 3S Artspace. Probably my favorite venue.

13. Surfwax

Yeah JP is cool but every time I've been over there it feels more disconnected from the rest of the city. I'll probably live over there eventually though I assume. Somerville is solid, I was allstonbrighton forever but all my friends moved this way so it was time to try something new.

14. cherrywaves

Trusted

I've lived about 5 mins from Flatbread for nearly three years and still haven't been :'( always so crowded!

15. cherrywaves

Trusted

The Sinclair is excellent, the sound there is always quality.

Just remembered that The Foreign Exchange are coming to the Middle East in May, HAVE to hit that.

16. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

If any of you have access, I'd recommend going to one of my favorite spots in the Boston area (Brookline): NETA.

;-)

17. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

Born and raised in Revere. Will be moving to the South Shore soon.

Shows I'll be heading to: Taste of Chaos, Andrew McMahon (at the Fete in RI, but still...), Weezer, MCS, Taste of Chaos, Modest Mouse/Brand New, Billy Joel. I think that's it for now!

18. EntryLevelTank

I'm a big fan of the Brighton Music Hall

19. I don't think I've been there since the name change. I used to live like 10 mins from there when it was Harper's Ferry.

20. quietwords

I like BMH, seem some good shows there. I love the Sinclair, though! Need to see more shows there. Maybe the Hotelier.

21. mena

This whole box is Pepe Silvia! Prestigious

Oooo, this thread is nice. I swear it's like I live under a rock sometimes and only hear about shows in Boston after they've happened.

22. EntryLevelTank

Oh man, I might have to meet up with you for that show. My concert crew is dwindling haha

quietwords likes this.
  23. EntryLevelTank

Aaron West and the Roaring Twenties coming to The Sinclair too.

24. quietwords

I'll let you know if I end up buying a ticket!

EntryLevelDave likes this.