Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Boston Thread Location • Page 38

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Chaplain Tappman, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

the highest I saw it on my car thermometer was 67 on 95 north earlier today. Feels good man

2. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

the weather tho [2] and also for the rest of the weekend and most of next week

3. Matt

Going to see big d tonight at the Paradise. I'm stoked to feel like I'm 17 again

4. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

Daughter had ticket for hotelier (sp) tonight but her friend bailed and she had no ride. :/

Dunno what she did

5. devenstonow

Noobie

TT's the bear is reopening as "Sonia" owned by Middle East

EarthShifts likes this.
  6. EarthShifts

Trusted

Interested to see how it goes. Initially there is no liquor license so the room fee for bands is $1,500, which makes it pretty tough for local bands. If you charged $10 per person, you'd have to bring out 150 people just to cover that.

TTs was only around $300 which was very attainable.

Hopefully once they get the license it drops a bunch.

Also unsure if they're serving food there, but if so I'd like to see them change the menu up a little bit. Otherwise you essentially have 4 spots, all with different name, all with the same food. Hah.

7. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

My girls love going to Veggie Galaxie down the road there.

skogsraet and EarthShifts like this.
  8. Surfwax

bring on the major leagues Supporter

Wow, that's nutty. I don't know if they remodeled the inside like crazy after closing TT's but I find it really hard to believe that room is worthy of/able to book every night of the week shows with that kind of draw.

9. EarthShifts

Trusted

Veggie Galaxy rules.

skogsraet and cherrywaves like this.
  10. EarthShifts

Trusted

I guess they did redo it a bit. The stage is now in the back where the pool table was. I'm interested to see how it all looks beyond
    pictures.

You're right though, unless they're booking national acts every night, that's gonna be tough. Plus that seems like it would cut into their business for Mid East downstairs, and they haven't really been booking consistently solid shows there anyways.

The most consistent room is probably upstairs, and they upped the fee for that to $500, which is doable but still makes it easily the most expensive major small venue.

11. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

Single day Boston Calling tickets go onsale this morning. Would love to snag a Saturday pass, but I don't think I'll be able to afford it... If not, I'll have to check Stubhub closer to the day. Was able to get a Friday ticket last year for $40.

12. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

$40 on stub hub??

Nice. What was the price last year - Im thinking close to $100 originally....

13. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

I just want to see whos on what day - if there are 3-5 bands the girls want to see, I might have to drop the $.

Good thing today was payday

Kyle is hk and Wharf Rat like this.
  14. quietwords

I really want to see the 1975 again, and I know they're playing Saturday. Would be nice to get Weezer or Tegan and Sara that day, too.

15. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

The girls want 1975, Tegan/Sara, Chance the Rapper, Cage, but the big one is Hotelier.

Id love to see Weezer, Buffalo Tom (last time I saw them was Grovers in Beverly back in the 90s!) Tool and Cage I dont need. I only know the hit songs, from them anyways. Come to htink of it, I dont even know if I want to drop $100 for it, but middle daughters birthday present - might be this.

Wharf Rat likes this.
  16. quietwords

Hotelier is playing next Saturday at Middle East Upstairs, if you want to see them somewhere smaller!

17. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

She missed them last show somewhere in Boston last week - dunno if she can get to Cambridge on her own. Thanks though!

18. quietwords

Single day tickets come out to $119 total. Yeah, definitely will be a Stubhub call.

19. polyfilla

who can never be sure

I saw El Ten Eleven at TTs my junior year of college - great memories there

EarthShifts likes this.
  20. EarthShifts

Trusted

I loved TTs and was sad to see it go. Got to play there a bunch and always enjoyed it.

Saw a ton of shows too including Kevin Devine on the Brothers Blood tour, which was an incredibly powerful and important night in my life.

21. cherrywaves

Trusted

Saw both Rocky Votolato and The Menzingers there like five years ago. Cool place, but my memory is failing me because every time I picture it all I can see is Middle East upstairs hah

EarthShifts likes this.
  22. devenstonow

Noobie

Does anyone have an extra ticket to the Hotelier tomorrow? Asking for a friend

23. Matt

PAX friends holla at me

24. quietwords

I think I'm the only theater-type in this thread, but a.r.t. is doing a production of a musical called Violet, set on a bus. It's been a pretty hot ticket, and I somehow was able to score a single ticket yesterday for one of the performances. I'm pretty stoked about it!

cshadows2887 likes this.
  25. paulmanley

didn't go to tt's very often, but that Algernon cadwallader/joyce manor show there like 4 or 5 years ago was so much fun. interested to see what kind of acts innetially get booked there. so many venue's in the boston/Cambridge area now.