Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Boston Calling 2021 - Lineup Tour • Page 6

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by Jason Tolpin, Feb 22, 2021.

1. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

anyone enjoy day 1 headliner NIN?

You got them for Day 2 as well, since the strokes cancelled out, due to Covid.

alkalinexandy likes this.
  2. Smittzerland

First time long time (FKA musicfan9795) Prestigious

Going today and tomorrow. Bummed about no Strokes, but NIN is killer, so it makes up for it

Jason Tolpin and alkalinexandy like this.
  3. BackwardsDuck

kcauQ

Yesterday was fun and all but this festival can't win this year.

IMG_20220528_160315.jpg

4. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

[​IMG]

And it just keeps coming. Glad they were able to open it up again. But losing another stage closer on such short notice is truly a bummer for them.

I really hope the fans go easy on the festival. This sucks and all... But that's the way of the world now.

Zero sympathy for people who spend however many hundreds on tickets to festivals for 1-3 bands.

5. Surfwax

bring on the major leagues Supporter

That feels a little unfair. Boston calling is a pretty small fest, despite shelling out for legit headliners the average day of it is at most 2 bands from being pretty bad. Also, the nature of non compete clauses generally means that if a band is playing, that's their Boston (or whatever city for other fests) date for whatever tour they're on.

I think it's reasonable to assume in these times that COVID is going to disrupt things, so I don't disagree you have to expect some unfortunate surprises. But what's happened with the lineup this year feels pretty unprecedented, it's not anyone's fault but I have plenty of sympathy for people who feel like they blew $300 haha.

alkalinexandy likes this.
  6. manoverboard365

Trusted

That's a little harsh. A band's booking at a city festival takes the place of what would've been that city's slot on their tour. If a band like The Strokes are booked for a festival in Boston, that's a guarantee that they won't be back for a proper show until the following year. Especially considering acts like The Strokes are notorious non tourers, why wouldn't a fan of the band buy a ticket to the festival to see them and only them?

alkalinexandy and ItsAndrew like this.
  7. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

You're both right. My statement was harsh and really should have come with the qualifier that I have zero sympathy for people who complain aggressively on the Internet about this sort of thing after shelling out for VIP tickets to see just the one band.

Definitely didn't fully form that thought. Sorry!

8. I have a 3-day pass and didn't even bother going today, only cared about RTJ anyway and then once I saw the weather report it didn't seem worth it. I know a lot of this is out of BC's control but this year has been really disappointing. NIN was great last night though.

Jason Tolpin and alkalinexandy like this.
  9. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

Are The Strokes opening for RHCP at their Boston date or nah? I know they're playing the NYC area date so I imagine they would be doing the Boston date too.

10. Tifoil

ñ

11. derilsop

My friend recently had a stroke due to covid