Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Boston Calling 2021 - Lineup Tour • Page 4

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by Jason Tolpin, Feb 22, 2021.

1. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

And there it is. Bummer.

2. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

Whoa!

3. manoverboard365

Trusted

Fuck. Definitely supports the rumor that Festive Owl posted that the entire reunion tour is getting cancelled/postponed again.

4. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I know I've said counter in other threads with more focused festivals but... This is 100% the kind of headliner cancellation they should be offering up refunds for.

People bought the passes expecting two specific bands. And Rage, even more so than Foo Fighters, would have undoubtedly been a major outlier on the line-up. There's also nobody even close to an equivalent "replacement" that you could pull in. Maybe Metallica?

I didn't get tickets myself. But I'm annoyed for those who did and only wanted to see Rage.

Still anxious to see who they were able to snag, though!

5. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Finally some news

6. Cmoney86

Trusted

rage postponed half the tour. the other half is still happening. tour now starts in july

272241654_494453695374102_2124597892494045581_n.jpg

7. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

Metallica could be a proper replacement. Korn? Tool?

8. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Metallica would be close but I still kinda feel like there's a solid chunk of Rage fans who aren't so into them. I don't think Korn crosses over enough with average festival-goers to be a viable headliner...

Tool has a February date at the TD Garden and will be just coming off of a European run when BC rolls around. So I wouldn't bank on them.

I feel like they'll have to dip away from the heavy to get somebody, TBH.

9. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

Hurm....

We have under 24 hours to wonder.

10. alkalinexandy Jan 20, 2022
    (Last edited: Jan 20, 2022)
    alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Actually, if I'm honestly thinking about it? Limp Bizkit could be considered reasonable. Nowhere near as big. But as a last-minute replacement could kinda work with the Lolla performance last year, etc.

EDIT: Not a replacement for Rage necessarily, but apparently Pearl Jam is announcing their rescheduled US tour dates this month. And the tour starts in May. I could very much see them being booked as headliner #3 to replace the Chili Peppers. That would make a ton of sense.

I'm really not convinced that the Strokes were ever set to be headliner #3. But I could see them being a subheadliner for sure.

11. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

Ooooh.

12. manoverboard365

Trusted

Limp Bizkit can't even fill up 3k capacity venues when they tour, they're not headlining a major festival

13. BackwardsDuck

kcauQ

alkalinexandy likes this.
  14. BackwardsDuck

kcauQ

We're getting St. Anger himself headlining

15. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Beat me to it! Wonder if that's the Rage replacement or the mystery headliner #3. Assuming it's the Rage replacement...

16. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Liam Gallagher's teasing an announcement tomorrow on Twitter too. Gonna go ahead and assume it's a tour and he's on the BC line-up as well.

17. manoverboard365

Trusted

Metallica is an awesome snag!

final prediction: Metallica - Foos - Doja Cat - Megan

18. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

50 minutes til announcement.

A lot of guesses for Metallica. But who could be the 3rd?

And lets hope the timing works out well.... and there are single day tickets. :)

19. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I'm sure single tickets will be happening. Whether that's today or two months from now kinda depends on whether or not they drop the daily line-ups today.

20. Matt

line up is posted early on their site

21. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

Looks like a lot of bands..... Metallica wins.

22. Matt

this lineup isnt for me, glad I didn't buy a ticket

23. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

I have bands Id want to see all 3 days, but no day is wowing me :/

Not my festival :/

24. manoverboard365

Trusted

[​IMG]

25. manoverboard365

Trusted

Metallica - Foo Fighters - The Strokes is as solid a top 3 than I've seen all year.

Haim, Avril, Weezer, Cheap Trick, Run the Jewels and King Gizzard is an incredibly solid second line.

AND then it takes a complete nose dive haha