Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Boston Calling 2020 Tour • Page 4

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by Jason Tolpin, Nov 13, 2019.

1. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Is it just a coincidence that all three fests have Run the Jewels playing the same day?

2. Richard

Trusted Prestigious

This year's festivals looked pretty promising, but a lot of fests really seem unable to fill the gaps and make the entire line-up actually cohesive. Primavera but their Sunday looks like its missing a headliner (which was supposedly Frank Ocean originally). Headliners are generally safe/good. The mid and undercards just seem a bit whack though.

3. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Those are legit solid rock headliners.... but then the undercard aren't too inspiring.

How much are single tickets. Day tickets

falafelmywaffle likes this.
  4. manoverboard365

Trusted

Must've spent most of their budget on Rage.

The Sunday lineup is stacked, though, and I'm not even a RHCP fan. The 1975, Liam Gallagher, AVA and Phoebe in one day is magical.

5. chris_williams67

Regular

If anyone cares to see the MCR thing, it’s linked, apparently their announcing the US tour tomorrow with a confirmed Boston date

Attached Files:

falafelmywaffle likes this.
  6. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Interesting! That's an old logo, but I could see a festival using that on that line-up page if they don't have promo pictures yet or something.

...I'm not convinced they would be added to this. But if they are? That would swing me from saying it was "too expensive" from "shut up and take my money."

chris_williams67 likes this.
  7. heymattrick

Sending my love

Every other MCR related announcement, festivals and otherwise, has used their new logo. So that would be really peculiar for them to use an old one (and not even their most recent ones, that’s from 2006-2008)

8. Cmoney86

Trusted

They have a Boston date at td garden so I don’t think they will be added

alkalinexandy and Brent like this.
  9. cherrywaves

Trusted

This lineup stinks outside of like 5 acts, but one of those acts is RATM, so

Brent and alkalinexandy like this.
  10. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

$150 before tax for a single day GA ticket. What happened to this wonderful festival

11. Cmoney86

Trusted

They have 3 really expensive headliners

12. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

They're banking heavily on the headliners, and some of the subs each day to really drive sales. I think they're also assuming some people will go "just because they go every year."

But I think I'm pretty squarely in the demo they're shooting for with the headliners and I just can't convince myself to pay ~$470 a ticket to show up at like, 4pm every day.

I'd be lying if I said I recognized any act beyond the top three lines. Just can't be bothered. I'd rather give Riot Fest and the city of Chicago my money where I'm pretty confident I'll find something to watch every moment of the day that piques my interest and aligns with my ideals in a fairly legit way.

BC really should have nixed the Chili Peppers and gone with somebody more current in the pop realm, and used the extra budget to flesh out the undercard with some more notable acts.

I would say I'm out of touch, but I really don't feel like I'm the only one who feels that way?

13. chris_williams67

Regular

Definitely not the only one who feels that way, I’m going just because I love the experience and I can’t travel to riot fest or any other festival thats close to Mass. So just dealing with the whole bill

alkalinexandy likes this.
  14. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

Any idea when the single day passes go on sale and price? Im taking the 5 hour ride up to Boston with a few friends just to see Rage. Have been a rage fan since 95 and always so bummed that I missed them as I was only a freshman when they disbanded. I'll pay the $150 just to see them play and make it a fun memorial day weekend with my friends. I would love to see the Foos and RHCP's again as I have seen both acts like 15 years ago, but its not worth going three days just for those 3 bands. I wouldnt show up any day until like 6pm

15. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Single day tickets go on sale today at 10 AM

16. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

$150 plus $30 fees each..... no thanks....

17. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

Price left a bad taste in my mouth too. But being a 36 year old adult I'm willing to shell $185 out to finally witness a band I have enjoyed for 25 years get back together and play. I'm only going Saturday and showing up at like 6pm.
    Foos and RHCP are good too, but I've witnessed them live before and would not pay that price again

alkalinexandy likes this.
  18. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

I really just wish they would announce if this is cancelled (Like Firefly) or postponed (like Coachella) so I can figure out if Im getting a refund or not. I could really use the $200 back now and also dont think I would even go to the festival if it was postponed a month or so.

19. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

I’m sure at this point they don’t know. The first movers like Coachella and Bonnaroo have cannabilized many of the available fall dates. A lot of lesser fests and are gonna be scraped most likely.

20. BackwardsDuck

kcauQ

Take it with a grain of salt but someone on Reddit said it is being rescheduled to August 21st - 23rd

NJPunkMusic likes this.
  21. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

I would rather have a refund then sit through a festival in the hottest month of the year

Brent and theasteriskera like this.
  22. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Cancelled

23. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

gimme dat refund!

24. cherrywaves

Trusted

KA-WIT IT NOW

Brent likes this.