Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Boston Calling 2020 Tour • Page 2

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by Jason Tolpin, Nov 13, 2019.

1. chris_williams67

Regular

So lineup tomorrow? The 1975 said their announcing a tour tomorrow and they were pretty heavily rumored. I want Rage but I’m going either way

2. alkalinexandy Jan 15, 2020
    (Last edited: Jan 15, 2020)
    alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I haven’t seen anything saying the announcement is coming. They usually say it’s coming the day before... So I’m not anticipating it tomorrow.

But maybe? Haha. If nothing, the 1975 tour dates will probably indicate whether they’re playing or not.

I honestly doubt that they are headlining if they’re playing, though. They don’t feel big enough.

3. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Looks like the 1975 are a lock given their tour dates (and the tour manager saying there was a Boston date on this upcoming run).

Consequence of Sound just made an editorial post about Zach de la Rocha coming back into the spotlight or whatever. And it ends with a comment about Rage "lining up festival dates." Looks like they're sticking with the whole Boston Calling thing at this point... Because Coachella is the only festival they're appearing at thus far...

chris_williams67 likes this.
  4. chris_williams67

Regular

When do we see this getting announced? Next week most likely?

5. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I've read a few things on Reddit and Inforoo that would lead me to think it's coming toward the end of next week/the month (probably a week from today). Mostly that Rage is booked and their management wanted them to hold on announcing that until February. Somebody e-mailed the BC folks and their response basically said there's still plenty of time in January.

That would explain why Boston Calling is holding their release up so late despite it being "locked in." Otherwise I'm not sure why they would wait...

6. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

lol this feels like it won't get announced until a week before at this point.

7. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Nah. Don't be dramatic. They've been saying "in January" for a long while now, and that hasn't changed. I would be shocked if it didn't come out next week.

Brent likes this.
  8. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

Jan 30th. Thursday next week.

alkalinexandy and Brent like this.
  9. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

That would be my assumption at this point as well (given that it's dropping in January and I doubt they'd drop on a Friday), but I have to ask. Is this just conjecture or something that you read somewhere? Haha.

10. chris_williams67

Regular

I think I read that somewhere as well, not sure where

11. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

That's what people are speculating given that they tend to release on a Thursday, the rumors that Rage is the reason for the hold-up and wanted to wait until February, etc.

But I don't think the festival has made a statement about it. Today would be a good day for them to do that, though. Given that we're now, what? Two weeks since they teased that the line-up was locked in?

12. chris_williams67

Regular

Yeah two weeks ago yesterday I think, also what are the chances Marshmello play? He’s an outlier but I’ve always wanted to see him once

13. chris_williams67

Regular

Also, MGK?

14. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I don't know enough about Marshmello or MGK and their touring cycles to make a prediction as to whether or not they would be logical, but I've definitely read both names tossed around as potentials. And both seem like they would make sense for the festival. Maybe with Marshmello closing out Blue against a headliner?

Given that the headliners are all skewing toward rock, though, I think MGK would make logical sense for a bigger hip-hop act. Personally, I'm hoping that the day Rage headlines we wind up with Wu-Tang Clan though.

15. chris_williams67

Regular

I really hope if Marshmello does play he doesn’t conflict with anyone, and MGK I could see playing because his latest music is punk rock so fingers crossed

16. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I mean, there's no way that Marshmello wouldn't conflict with anyone because he wouldn't be a headliner. He would actually be great counter-programming against Foos or RHCP, I think.

MGK is definitely in the mix, I think. He's playing another festival in May. Wouldn't do much for me, but that would be a solid get.

17. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

Ticket price increased again... but theres a spot for 'discount codes' now.... Was that there before?

18. chris_williams67

Regular

Well the website was updated in the lineup section, so that’s something

19. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Dropped back down to $339 where it was before. Guessing that was an error and/or what they will be jumping up to after they announce the line-up.

If it really is nearly $400 for a three-day pass, I will likely wait until dailies come out. The line-up would have to absolutely slay for me to drop that much on this festival.

Yeah, that's usually a sign that the line-up is coming within a few days. We might get this as early as Tuesday...

I'm still banking on Thursday. But updates like that are usually a sign that they're getting things ready to roll.

20. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Full line-up announcement coming tomorrow at 10am EST. The hype is real!

Brent, rbarlyo and Fronnyfron like this.
  21. chris_williams67

Regular

Finally!

22. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

* let down *

23. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

24. chris_williams67

Regular

Think this will get leaked in the next however many hours before 10am?

25. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

The last few years, they've been pretty good about preventing full line-up leaks.

Might not be a bad idea to keep an eye out for news articles after midnight tonight or earlier in the AM though. Vanyaland sometimes jumps the gun and puts up the story a bit early.