Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Boston Calling 2020 Tour

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by Jason Tolpin, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

alkalinexandy likes this.
  2. BackwardsDuck

kcauQ

For sure going this year.

Also hearing the other headliner is The 1975.

3. SPine

Trusted

Hoping Foo Fighters are Friday. Would consider going if The 1975/ RHCP are Saturday/ Sunday. If it is The 1975

4. BackwardsDuck

kcauQ

Thinking it'll be The 1975 Friday, RHCP Saturday, and Foo Fighters Sunday

5. SPine

Trusted

Most likely. Never been a big Foo Fighters fan. I've seen The 1975 a bunch of times but RHCP is one on the bucket list I still haven't seen.

6. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

RHCP were fun to see.

7. Chili Peppers would be awesome to see. I know the FF are good live but they don’t interest me much.

8. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

Id love to know the rest of the band on the day I Want to go, before pulling the strings on a ticket.

9. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

Ultimate lineup would be if Pearl Jam was added!

Night 1 RHCP
    Night 2 Foos
    Night 3 PJ

Would be an epic 90's grunge party and I would absolutely go!!!!

kyle and SPine like this.
  10. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

Someone above said 'The 1975' could be headlining.

11. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

Nov 1991, in Boston (BU or Northeastern)

Opening: Pearl Jam for Ten
    Middle: Smashing Pumpkins for Gish
    Lastly: RHCP for Blood Sugar (IIRC)

$20 for all 3. Best deal... ever.

12. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Where is the info about the 1975 coming from? Somebody on Instagram also said they "knew for a fact" that the headliners were the Strokes, My Chemical Romance, and Post Malone yesterday sooo... I'm hesitant with how seriously to take those sort of rumblings.

Whoever they get as the third headliner, it's going to feel like a pretty major drop from those two unless they are really pulling out all the stops this year.

13. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

The 1975 has played many times before, IIRC. And someone in the thread here (above?) talked about the 1975. It makes sense.

MCR? No. Dont believe that one.

Strokes would be a good show, and Post Malone fit too.

14. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

My point is that they said with certainty that they would be the headliners. The prediction was already proven wrong, haha. That's all I'm saying. People say things like "I've heard people talking about XYZ" and the people they hear talking are randos on the Internet who really have no idea what they're talking about.

That being said? I think there's a chance the 1975 and Post Malone both play. And unless they are really holding back a major surprise (and they might be!) I don't see My Chemical Romance being tacked onto this as a third headliner. I'm guessing whoever that is will probably be a hip-hop or pop act.

15. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

who the heck is the 1975? How could they headline with Foo Fighters and RHCP?

16. BackwardsDuck

kcauQ

From comments I've seen on Reddit and Inforoo about people correctly saying who the two confirmed headliners are (FF and RHCP) long before they were announced has said the third headliner is The 1975. They may not be a reliable source but it seems like they have some inside info

17. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Now that's a source.

andysoto523 and theasteriskera like this.
  18. BackwardsDuck

kcauQ

With Post Malone's second leg of his tour not having a Boston date people are now saying the third headliner is him. As believable as the sources are who say it's The 1975, Post Malone makes more sense to me as they usually have a hip-hop/rap artist and while he's more of a pop artist he would certainly fit the bill.

19. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Post Malone just played the Garden in October. So I don't think him skipping Boston is necessarily indicative of him being a headliner... But I think it heightens the chances.

Too, I could see the 1975 playing but not necessarily being a headliner. They could be direct support for the Chili Peppers or whomever the third headliner is.

20. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

When will the leak/announcement be, for this?

21. Fronnyfron

Woke Up Right Handed Prestigious

Last year the lineup came out 1/10. It will prob drop this week or next.

22. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

According to this Variety article the Chili Peppers are headlining on Sunday.

Kinda bummed that the Bottlerock festival in Napa seems to rule out Jimmy Eat World... Sure, they might fly out like the Chili Peppers are doing but that's unlikely given that the rest of the dates are a tour-tour rather than one-offs.

23. alkalinexandy Jan 9, 2020
    (Last edited: Jan 9, 2020)
    alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Looks like no line-up this week. Hopefully early next week...

EDIT: They just posted on socials that the full announcement would be "coming soon" and the line-up is done and locked in. Wondering if somebody backed out and they were pulling in a new act. I'm guessing this means we can expect a line-up next Tuesday.

24. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

25. alkalinexandy Jan 9, 2020
    (Last edited: Jan 9, 2020)
    alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Whoa, indeed! Morello's connection to Harvard would make sense. But if people were thinking Riot Fest isn't big enough for Rage...

My Chemical Romance were also supposed to play Coachella but backed out before it was announced, so I won't allow myself to get too excited about this until it actually happens.

EDIT: Though the timing of this makes sense, given what they posted on socials about the line-up being locked.