Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Boston Calling 2019 Tour • Page 2

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by BackwardsDuck, Nov 16, 2018.

1. drewinseries

Drew

If Lord Huron and Pale Waves are same day I'm in, otherwise, nah.

2. teel

Regular

Lord Huron at Bottlerock on the 26th

3. teel

Regular

4. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Well, now I'm just crossing my fingers for a Gang of Youths or Turnstile aftershow.

5. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

Well.... I got nothing. Hope you all enjoy it!

6. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

Going for turnstile then leaving

7. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

If it helps you any, they're playing the Palladium on may 7th. Probably cheaper haha.

8. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Wow that is bad.

9. manoverboard365

Trusted

Wow, Sunday has absolutely nothing for me. Saturday could be a fun day with Tame, Anderson, Hozier, King Princess and Mitski.

10. J12

Trusted Supporter

There's usually enough on at least one day for me to give serious consideration to going (although I never wind up doing it - usually the bands I want to see are playing headlining dates closer to me in the same time period.) There isn't a single band I'd pay money to see this year. Not one.

kman22 likes this.
  11. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Pay money to see? Or pay the amount they're asking for a single day ticket to see?

12. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Janelle Monae, Christine & the Queens, and Blackstar are all awesome. If you're going to be there anyway, I'd recommend seeing them at least.

alkalinexandy likes this.
  13. BackwardsDuck

kcauQ

Honestly I don't think the lineup is as bad as people are making it out to be. It's nothing fantastic but they're some solid acts in there. Really looking forward to Gang of Youths and Turnstile.

14. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I mean, it's definitely not for me... But when you look at it? The line-up makes perfect sense. Both for the festival brand and what's popular in general at this point.

It's an off-year for festival line-ups in terms of shit being mind-blowing.

And this line-up is just... Not for me this year. And I can point directly to the acts that "took" the slots of others that would have been more up my alley haha. Hopefully I'm more aligned next year -- this is the first time in years I've had to find plans for Memorial Day weekend!

15. J12

Trusted Supporter

Actually pay money to see. Just nothing for me this year, at all. I'm sure it'll do well (and that's good!), but there's definitely no consideration on my end this year. Totally agree with you - the line-up more or less makes sense and it should please their target market quite well.

The only band on there I'd see would be Twenty One Pilots, more of curiosity than actual fandom. But, I definitely wouldn't travel out of Maine for them.

16. Plans have changed & I have to get rid of my Saturday pass if anyone is interested. Bought early ($100).

17. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Janelle Monae cancelled. Replaced with CHVRCHES.

Between CHVRCHES, Turnstile, and Gang of Youths (with Lamont Price and Sam Jay as comedians that day)... Might get myself a 1-day pass for Friday if I can get one for cheap.

Brent likes this.
  18. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

What is happening

Brent likes this.
  19. BackwardsDuck

kcauQ

Going all three days but soloing Friday if anyone wants to meet up! Here's who I plan on seeing each day:

Friday:
    Turnstile
    Pale Waves
    Gang of Youths
    Christie and the Queens
    Greta Van Fleet
    Twenty One Pilots

Saturday:
    White Reaper
    Shame
    Denzel Curry
    Big Red Machine