Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Boston Calling 2019 Tour

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by BackwardsDuck, Nov 16, 2018.

1. BackwardsDuck Nov 16, 2018
    (Last edited: Jan 15, 2019)
    BackwardsDuck

kcauQ

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Nope. And I generally don't trust people who are willing to do that.

That being said? Really looking forward to seeing what they bring to the table in 2019.

falafelmywaffle likes this.
  3. oldboot

Regular

Yeah this festival just doesn't bring enough music I'm into. I know a lot of people think the line-ups have been stacked but I just can't get into a lot of it. I'll likely end up going to a day where I like the headliner just to see a festival in New England.

alkalinexandy likes this.
  4. BackwardsDuck

kcauQ

Last year I knew hardly anyone on the lineup but went for all three days anyways and had a blast! I'm willing to take the chance on it this year too

5. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

I went in 2013 when Brand New and Modest Mouse played and really liked this festival. Pretty well organized and great location. Lots to do around town too. Never went again though

falafelmywaffle and Brent like this.
  6. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I generally find myself going at least one day every year. The line-up is never quite as stacked for me and my tastes as something like Riot Fest, Punk Rock Bowling, or whatever would be... But there's always just enough to get me there between bands I love anyway, artists I'm peripherally aware of or interested in but wouldn't check-out anyway, and the comedy.

Not sure how I'd feel if I had to travel for it, but... If you're looking for an excuse to visit the Boston area, anyway? Might not be a bad reason!

Brent likes this.
  7. kman22

Regular

Same here. They moved to a new location recently, over at Harvard's athletic complex. I'm curious how it is, but the price has been so over the top that I haven't been able to justify it.

8. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Expecting a line-up announcement next week. No real reason other than... It's always announced within the first two weeks of January (and usually on a Thursday, post-Coachella announcement). Real curious to see who they pull out this year, after seeing what the other fests have thus far.

9. Turntstile

Lineup tomorrow at 10am

10. teel

Regular

TWENTY ONE PILOTS TRAVIS SCOTT TAME IMPALA
    ODESZA LOGIC GRETA VAN FLEET ANDERSON .PAAK & THE FREE NATIONALS HOZIER JANELLE MONÁE BRANDI CARLILELORD HURON SHECK WES RAINBOW KITTEN SURPRISE CHRISTINE AND THE QUEENS BIG RED MACHINEKING PRINCESS BLACK STAR GUSTER MARINA MITSKI TANK AND THE BANGAS CLAIRO MURA MASADENZEL CURRY SNAKEHIPS YAEJI PRINCESS NOKIA CHROMEO (DJ SET) SNAIL MAIL RAVYN LENAEGANG OF YOUTHS YOUNG FATHERS SUPERORGANISM TURNSTILE SOB X RBE CAUTIOUS CLAYSHAME PALE WAVE PILE ROLLING BLACKOUTS COASTAL FEVER DESSA WHITE REAPER SIDNEY GISHKILO KISH SKEGGS SASHA SLOAN NAEEM ADIA VICTORIA EASY LIFE

MICHAEL CHE JENNY SLATE FRED ARMISEN IMOGEN HEAP
    BOSTON BALLET MELISSA VILLASEÑOR SAM JAY MARINA FRANKLIN LAMONT PRICE

bradsonemanband likes this.
  11. chris_williams67

Regular

I honestly might go for TØP which will probably be Sunday. Added bonus if Sheck Wes is the same day as them too

12. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

Nothing I'll be devastated to be missing.

Brent and Fronnyfron like this.
  13. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

Pretty terrible lineup

14. Michael Qualiano

mikeq

Rough lineup tbh

15. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Underwhelming for me, but I get why they booked who they booked. They've deviated a bit from line-ups of years past.

If Logic, Black Star, Gang of Youths, Turnstile, and Dessa happen to be on the same day I might go. But beyond that... The ticket price really wouldn't be worth it for me this year.

16. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

Cool for King Princess, but I saw her at the Sinclair last summer, and I think she's playing Royale soon.

17. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

My girls are excited for Clairo, Anderson Peak, and Twntyone pilots.And Fred Armisen.

I Like Guster, and umm...... Guster. :/

18. manoverboard365

Trusted

Pretty underwhelming year for festival lineups, but it's really cool that they got Imogen Heap. I'm just confused as to why she's billed with the comedians.

19. SPine

Trusted

I guess I'm the only one who thinks this is the best festival lineup so far

20. Fronnyfron

Woke Up Right Handed Prestigious

This is exactly what I expected a Boston Calling lineup to look like in 2019

Brent and oldboot like this.
  21. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

Sheesh idk that I could want to go any less, I'm not into that lineup at all. But I'm sure tons of people are! For whatever reason I thought Black Star wouldn't play shows again? Or that Mos Def had retired or something?

22. oldboot

Regular

Literally my exact thoughts haha

23. EarthShifts

Trusted

I had such a fun time last year, but I don’t think I’ll be attending this. Just nothing that really grabs me. Brandi Carlile is amazing live. Rolling Blackouts and Tame Impala put on great shows too. I’m sure 21 pilots will be solid. There’s definitely some undercard stuff id be interested in checking out like Anderson Paak, Ravyn Lenae, and Pile. Just nothing that makes me feel like I have to be there. Maybe if a bunch end up on the same exact day. We’ll see.

Based on other festivals I was really hoping we’d get Vampire Weekend, SZA, and Kacey Musgraves. Ah well.

Hope whoever goes from here enjoys it!

24. SPine

Trusted

Skegss rules.

mattav152 likes this.
  25. teel

Regular

Brandi Carlile playing Vermont on 5/25