Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Boston Calling 2018 Tour • Page 2

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by scott, Jan 4, 2018.

1. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

Julien Baker is one of my favorite artists of all time (hence my avatar photo). The farthest thing from metal, but her live performances are stunning, nonetheless.

SPine likes this.
  2. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

i actually know metal kids that love julien from back in her DIY days lol.

maryp1603 likes this.
  3. BackwardsDuck

kcauQ

Thanks for the suggestions! Both seem like they'd put on a great live show

maryp1603 likes this.
  4. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

Maybe. I dunno.

5. BackwardsDuck

kcauQ

Loving what I'm hearing from Tauk so far

6. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Jack White playing Cooperstown on the 27th

7. MexicanGuitars

maryp1603 likes this.
  8. SPine

Trusted

Now that jack White is playing Cleveland this summer I may only hit 1 day of this. Hoping Manchester Orchestra & Paramore are on the same day.

9. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

So if they announce single day tickets, think they are announcing lineups? They usually wait till closer to the event.

10. cwhit

yeah the twitter says day by day lineups tomorrow

11. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

Thanks! Sorry, must've missed that when I was looking at their page. Rough week, haha.

12. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Jack White has a show on the 27th, so he's either playing Friday or Saturday.

13. SPine

Trusted

Hmmm... I was dead set on going this year but now I'm on the fence. A lot of these artists are already playing in Ohio, may not need to do this trip.

14. ALT/MSC/FAN Jan 18, 2018
    (Last edited: Jan 18, 2018)
    ALT/MSC/FAN

Friday is great all around, Saturday's undercard is awesome, and I could skip Sunday and be fine.

EDIT: The only big thing in the undercard on Sunday I really want to see is Julien Baker and I can just see her headline when she comes here in April.

15. congruence

Got a light?

Kind of shitty to charge for shipping and not offer another option but have to see Tyler and brockhampton so bought Saturday ticket

16. MexicanGuitars

Ugh these are split so evenly

BackwardsDuck likes this.
  17. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

All about Friday, but definitely going to Sunday as well for Baker and Alvvays. Can probably live without Saturday.

Brent likes this.
  18. cwhit

Pretty evenly split, Sunday is my least favorite day but it’s still very solid

19. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Saturday would be fun

20. alkalinexandy Jan 18, 2018
    (Last edited: Jan 18, 2018)
    alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Just bought two GA tickets for Friday and Saturday. Sunday looks fine, but push came to shove... And I just don't have the strongest desire to see Eminem, I've already seen the Decemberists, and I'd rather wait to see Julien Baker and Alvvays in a club or something.

EDIT: I am also more than a little sad that Cameron Esposito isn't performing on Friday/Saturday too. But I'm a bit nervous about conflicts already, anyway.

ALT/MSC/FAN likes this.
  21. MexicanGuitars

Curse these expensive Memorial Day flights. Making it really difficult to narrow down a day when everything is so even. Headliners are best for me on Friday but Sat/Sun has a better undercard

22. chris_williams67

Regular

I’m going on Sunday for Eminem, but I’ve never been to this festival before, any suggestions on how to get barrier for his stage?

23. ALT/MSC/FAN

Either camp out at the stage all day and get there early. If you don't feel like doing that though, then camp out at the stage a set in advance, and when they're done, just move to the front and wait. Also try to make sure you go to the bathroom well in advance and fill up on water/bring a snack before that.

24. SPine

Trusted

When I went last year people migrated from stage to stage. The main stage area was empty at parts of the day. Once it gets later in the day it gets more crowded.

25. chris_williams67

Regular

Doors are at 12 I believe so what time do you think is good to get there?