Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Boston Calling 2017 Festival • Page 9

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by devenstonow, Jan 12, 2017.

1. TheoW593

Regular

THE HOTELIER COMETH

2. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

As much of a headache as all the logistics of this weekend were, the quick math makes it worth it. Would I have paid 100 bucks just for that Bon Iver performance? Yep. Would I have paid 50 each for those 1975 and Brandi Carlile performances? Yep. Done.

3. cherrywaves

Trusted

Did not realize there was a thread for this lol. I was so far back for Bon Iver and missed half his set, which was disappointing. Chance was incredible though. Going early today for the Hotelier so I'm pumped

4. SPine

Trusted

The food lines were horrible. My girlfriend stayed in line while I went to see the 1975. It took her an hour and a half to get two burgers. So horrible. Also we went to the comedy arena for Hannibal but went outside to get a beer and when we came back Police wouldn't let anyone back in. I didn't have the best experience there yesterday

5. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Someone please see Converge and report back.

6. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

Why did I leave my sweater in the car and wear shorts today?

7. cshadows2887

It feels like they only planned for it to work at 3pm with no consideration of what it would look like at 7pm

8. St. Nate

Mitskiiiiiiiiii

9. I do agree that I like Harvard for a venue for this, even though Gov. Center was always a cool and convenient spot -- but there's certainly a lot of logistic issues (overlapping / competing headline sets are annoying) to address. Hopefully this is just new location/growing pains related and they'll have it tightened up going forward.

1975 killed it last night

10. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

At least the ferris wheel whips.

11. Surfwax

bring on the major leagues Supporter

Lol was wondering if it was just me or if it really did look fast as fuck

Barresi likes this.
  12. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

Whats the story there? WHos on, whos done....?

13. michael_gatto

Trusted

According to someone on Twitter, people were NOT into Converge at all but apparently they killed it.

14. michael_gatto

Trusted

Just a little taste.

Attached Files:

15. cshadows2887

I mean is anyone surprised that the average "I'm just here to see a bunch of bands and have a day out with my friends" attendee would be horrified by Converge? Haha

Drewski and cwhit like this.
  16. St. Nate

While I wasn't walking around far from the stage I did hear some people say stuff like, "it's just a bunch of screaming."

For goodness sakes, have some pride in your local bands.

But lol, nobody should be surprised.

17. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

IMG_8278.JPG IMG_8276.JPG

cherrywaves and manoverboard365 like this.
  18. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

well of course, they don't fit at all on the lineup but are easily one of the best, hah

marsvoltamcr likes this.
  19. converge killed it. whole weekend was a lot of fun, but yeah the layout/organization could definitely be improved. i kinda missed not having to walk so much at city hall.

cherrywaves likes this.
  20. cherrywaves

Trusted

Converge was awesome and I loved seeing the reactions of people. Piebald was a ton of fun. Mitski was great but the bass was waaaaay too high in the mix. Only caught three songs of Tool which was a bummer because it looked awesome. Weezer was a lot of fun.

I think it was a much better experience than Friday tbh, especially with lines to get in. Even food yesterday was much easier. Hopefully they fix the stage setups a little bit, but I'll happily go next year

21. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

honestly I don't really have any complaints other than the bottleneck of everyone trying to leave the Blue Stage at once. I had to jump over a fence and ended up cutting my hand. That's ~festival life~

22. St. Nate

I had a lot of fun and Boston is a nice town I'd like to check out some more.

Hope it stays this size.

scott, Fronnyfron and cherrywaves like this.
  23. Fronnyfron

Woke Up Right Handed Prestigious

Tbh I was pretty happy Major Lazer and Weezer played at the same time. It made getting out of the festival much easier because the crowd was split up.

Overall very solid fest. The Red Stage "headliner" sets were all impressive (Bon Iver, the xx, ML) regarding both sound and overall performance/visuals.

24. i forgot to mention the highlight of the weekend, meeting esteemed chorus user @St. Nate. cc @Dominick

St. Nate and Dominick like this.
  25. cshadows2887

Man I can't stop thinking about those Bon Iver and Chance sets. I'd easily have paid 100 each for those.