Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Boston Calling 2017 Festival • Page 8

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by devenstonow, Jan 12, 2017.

1. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Vundabar and Lucy Dacus in the light rain were fucking great

2. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

My shoes are squishy.

I hate wet socks.

I'm sorry, I meant wet sox.

3. Matt

I want a Chorus meetup to discuss the Leftovers. Also everyone better go see Car Seat Headrest

4. Matt

IMG_8203.JPG

kman22 likes this.
  5. St. Nate

Mmmmaybe after Hannibal and another comedy set.

6. St. Nate

Might catch some of the set. I wanna see Hannibal.

7. St. Nate

Fuck, no Hannibal?

8. kman22

Regular

Yeah, I think it's improved for sure

9. Surfwax

bring on the major leagues Supporter

Chance was so good

10. St. Nate

11. deededtheman

Just got back from Day 1. Chance was amazing. There is barely any service at the venue. Almost had trouble finding friends. The security line was absolutely ridiculous until they opened the VIP entrance for regular guests. I missed Car Seat Headrest because of this.

12. Surfwax

Harvard is a really good spot for this. There were a couple issues on day 1 but if they figure stuff out it has potential to be kind of incredible assuming it sticks there in future years. 3rd stage was really far from the main area, it would have really benefitted from being a little closer and also from more food options. That kind of setup works at Bonnaroo because the far stage is the main stage so there is a huge and natural draw musicwise. But when it's just another stage, and all the non music stuff is elsewere, if could be better. Also I got in early like 245 so it wasn't a problem but my friends who arrived at 5ish were saying 75 minutes to get in.

13. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

Yeah, I got there around 6:00. Took me about a half hour just to get in, but other people were saying they had waited for an hour and a half. The trick is to walk up alongside the fence on the right side, or the hockey rink on the left side. Moves much faster that way, if you're stuck with the crowd.

Also, when it really started raining for Holocene during Bon Iver's set... just unreal.

14. Fronnyfron

Woke Up Right Handed Prestigious

Chance's voice sounded a little shot imo

15. Matt

Luckily we were right at the front when they opened the gates so we got through security really quickly and then ran to get our 21+ bracelets.

THEY HAD THE SET TIME FOR MAC DEMARCO WRONG ON THE APP SO WE MISSED ABOUT 20 MINUTES OF HIS SET THOUGH

16. Fronnyfron

Also, food lines were awful. On a positive note the drink lines were real quick. Hoping to get inside around 1 today

17. Matt

This weather....my god

18. Surfwax

I was so far back for Chance and then somehow when he did Same Drugs in the crowd it was like 10 feet to my left, was an awesome cap to the night. Also funny, halfway through Summer Friends I looked at my friend and said it's about to be my favorite part of the whole album and 15 seconds later Chance says something along the lines of "second verse of Summer Friends coming...my favorite verse on the whole record" and we both just died laughing

St. Nate likes this.
  19. Matt

Danny Brown and 1975 today were an emotional experience

Fronnyfron likes this.
  20. Fronnyfron

XX were amazing.

What is everyone's favorite food at the festival? Roxy's was great this afternoon

21. St. Nate

I have yet to have a tasty burger in the festival or outside. Is it that tasty?

Also, who is going to see Mitski tomorrow? Everybody?

Okay, everybody. Good.

22. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Incredible performances, shitty organizing.

Barresi likes this.
  23. TheoW593

Regular

Those food lineups..

24. Matt

I had a really good mozzarella sticks next to Mikkelleror whatever. I'm loving the free water fountains. Tasty Burger is good and last night we ate in the downstairs bar under the Harvard location. You can get the Starvin Student which is a burger, fries, and a tall boy of beer for $10

Jason Tolpin likes this.
  25. Matt

IMG_8243.JPG

Stizzzz

scott and St. Nate like this.