Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Boston Calling 2017 Festival • Page 7

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by devenstonow, Jan 12, 2017.

1. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Looking forward to the weekend! Leaving right from work around 12 noon tomorrow to grab a bit to eat in Harvard Square before heading in a bit later in the afternoon for Lucy Dacus and Car Seat Headrest!

2. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Food vendors look great this year but if anyone from outside of MA needs any food suggestions outside of the festival, certainly ask and we will lead you to the right place

3. Fronnyfron

Woke Up Right Handed Prestigious

@Matt Hit me up with some Allston joints plz

4. Fronnyfron

Also, Solange replaced by Migos tomorrow

5. drewinseries

Drew

Garlic N' Lemons is probably the best food around there. Roast Beast is gnarly too. It's weird, I lived there last year and so many food places are gone. Area has high turnover.

Garlic N Lemons is probably the best around there though for sure. Unfortunately I ate it for dinner the night my bout with norovirus hit, so I haven't been able to stomach it since, but it's a really good Shawarma place, as is Azama.

6. Matt

OMGGG

PIPE IT UP

7. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

oooof that's a rough break

8. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Solange would have been better. Migos isn't a bad replacement, especially on such last minute notice.

9. Fronnyfron

Personally, it makes choosing Mac DeMarco easy now.

@drewinseries Thanks, also looking for good beer. Are Deep Ellum and Sunset Grille good choices?

10. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Deep Ellum or the spot next door (Lone Star) are fantastic choices, though they fill up quite fast so you'd probably find yourself waiting for a spot at the bar or a table at any time during the evening.

Fronnyfron likes this.
  11. drewinseries

Drew

Deep Ellum is good, as is the sister restaurant next door, Lone Star (tacos), but they are very small and get busy quick, it's also kind of farther down from where all the good action is in Allston Village. Sunset is probably the best for beer, but okay-ish for food.

Fronnyfron likes this.
  12. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

For what it's worth, Deep Ellum has phenomenal poutine.

drewinseries likes this.
  13. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

Stupid me just realized they only allow 12x12 bags.

I need to buy a fanny pack.

14. drewinseries

Drew

But also, if Deep Ellum is packed and you want some poutine, Roxys Grilled Cheese has decent poutine and good grilled cheese.

Barresi and alkalinexandy like this.
  15. Surfwax

bring on the major leagues Supporter

LULUS!

^Best for food, best for beer. Sunset is similar but a little lower quality food. (I still love it, it's just very much bar food.) Deep Ellum is very good too but it's the smallest since half their seating is outside (also most expensive). Personally I'd skip it in favor of Lulu's or Sunset if you're looking for American stuff, their taplist errs more on the side of international. If you walk out to Comm Ave, The Ave has awesome cheap burgers. Not a great beer list but they usually have at least Founders.

If you just want a quick bite, Amelia's Taqueria is my favorite burrito around. I'd recommend Roxy's but I think they're at the fest.

16. devenstonow

Noobie

lololololol i was at LuLus literally last night.

also don't get a burrito from Amelia's (assuming they don't do things differently at each location), get a quesadilla. It's pretty much a, messy as hell, grilled burrito

17. Surfwax

Woah, had no idea they had expanded. Good for them, they're a good notch above Anna's which is obviously everywhere around here. Can't argue with the quesadilla rec.

18. kman22

Regular

Hopewell is new, over on comm ave. Would recommend

19. drewinseries

Drew

Lulu's brunch meatloaf sandwhich is one of the best i've ever had.

And yeah, go to Amelia's.

I went to Hopewell right when it opened and thought it was meh. Has it gotten better?

20. drewinseries

Drew

This thread should be renamed to "Getting Food at Boston Calling 2017"

alkalinexandy likes this.
  21. Matt

If you find yourself farther into Cambridge go to State Park. It's a sick bar with really good food

22. Surfwax

On a related note, the food lineup at the fest actually looks ridiculous

23. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

I'm cold.

24. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

Working until 5:00, hoping to at least catch the end of Sylvan Esso.

Also, go to the Loco tent! I don't know what they're offering yet, but that's the bar my brother works at and they're all good people.

25. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

Must be soaked there today.