Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Boston Calling 2017 Festival • Page 6

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by devenstonow, Jan 12, 2017.

1. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Disappointed that Car Seat Headrest is on about the same time as Pete Holmes/Eugene Mirman at the comedy tent, but I'll get over it... And Sunday couldn't be any more perfect.

2. devenstonow

Noobie

why the fuck would they have the xx and the 1975 overlap like that.

also why are the hotelier getting 5 minutes less than PUP.

Still undecided if I'm going, but the comedians I wanna see (really just Pete Holmes, Eugene Mirman, and Hannibal) don't really seem to overlap with any bands I wanna see.

3. SPine

Trusted

So much overlap... I'm only going Saturday but now I have to decide to miss the end of the 1975 to see the beginning of Mumford. I've seen the 1975 twice before so I'll probably be leaving them earlier

4. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Yea some of those are really weird overlaps. Mac DeMarco and Bon Iver overlapping a little makes no sense to me at all.

5. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Sucks that there is overlap now because of the three stages, but I guess that's gonna happen with so many bands being billed now. I'll figure it out

6. Surfwax

bring on the major leagues Supporter

Friday is embarrassingly bad with overlaps. I'm mostly going for Chance so it's not the end of the world but it's really really poorly planned.

7. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

The only overlap that has me upset is Chance and Sigur Ros.

8. Matt

People are ripping them apart in the facebook comments about the overlap issues

9. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Overlap happens at any festival and I don't understand people complaining about it unless it's completely egregious. They also have to deal with artist demands, set change times, etc. It's just going to happen.

Looking at Friday and Saturday, is there any combination of those headliners that wouldn't bum some people out? If you switch it around you'd just irritate a different set of people.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  10. Matt

I assume its because up until this year, there was no overlap. They had two stages and when one set ended, everyone just went to the other stage and the next set would start within 5 minutes

11. mgiannotti May 11, 2017
    (Last edited: May 11, 2017)
    mgiannotti

edge mike Supporter

Sunday has no overlaps for me, which is great. The xx/1975 overlap is super annoying on Saturday, and every single overlap after 5:30 on Friday is awful. They should just have Friday start at 12:30 like the other two days.

EDIT: I'm honestly furious that I have to choose between Sylvan, Car Seat, and Mirman/Holmes.

12. Matt

Let's set up a Leftovers discussion in our downtime

mgiannotti likes this.
  13. oldboot

Regular

I wanted to see Major Lazer and Weezer for different reasons, obviously..and they're playing at the exact same time. Not even a chance to see partial sets from each! Fuckin bummer.

14. I don't understand the Saturday overlaps, either. Why in the hell would they do that?

15. Xenocide

The Czar

I understand why people are upset about the Chance/Sigur Ros overlap, but it works perfectly for me. I really was not expecting a headline set from Sigur Ros so now I'm way more excited.

Sunday will only be Tool's stage for me. I wanted to see Run the Jewels but I'm not passing an opportunity to be rail for Tool.

16. devenstonow

Noobie

Piebald playing an aftershow at the Sinclair on Saturday night. No openers announced yet...but my assumption/hopes would be PUP/Hotelier because they're the only "scene" bands playing that are billed lower than Piebald...

alkalinexandy likes this.
  17. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Any word on when tickets will be going on-sale for that one?

18. devenstonow

Noobie

15 minutes according to facebook

19. devenstonow

Noobie

nevermind, PUP have an aftershow also, same night @ Great Scott in Allston

20. just bought a ticket to the PUP aftershow: PUP

21. alkalinexandy May 16, 2017
    (Last edited: May 16, 2017)
    alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Revised Friday schedule posted on the Facebook page. Looks a bit better for those bitching about conflicts...

I'm just happy I get to see all of Car Seat Headrest, as well as Eugene Mirman and Pete Holmes now!

EDIT: And as evidence of what I was saying earlier? Previously happy people are now complaining about the new conflicts that the schedule shifts brought on. You can't please everybody.

22. Fronnyfron May 19, 2017
    (Last edited: May 22, 2017)
    Fronnyfron

Woke Up Right Handed Prestigious

Hey guys, my place to stay for BC fell through so I'm wondering if anyone living up near Boston has room for me? I will compensate you - PM me if you could help out or point me to someone you know with space.

Edit: Found a great deal on airbnb so i should be good

23. EarthShifts

Trusted

In the past they've actually gone with local openers on the afterparty shows, so that might be the case here too.

24. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

I have a terrible cough and am dealing with allergies but I'll be there.

Hopefully by tomorrow it will all be gone, I hope, probably not.

25. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

jealous of everyone going to this

but i'll be up in boston in a week and a half so you boston people say hi to me then?

kman22 likes this.