Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Boston Calling 2017 Festival • Page 2

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by devenstonow, Jan 12, 2017.

1. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Another strong line-up for Boston Calling. They always book smart, but this is top-notch.

Excited for Tool, Weezer, Run the Jewels, Chance the Rapper, Piebald, Pup, Modern Baseball, Tegan & Sara, Lucy Dacus, the Hotelier, Frightened Rabbit, and Car Seat Headrest.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  2. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

So much to be excited for. Cant wait to go all three days. Mitski is going to make me cry and then Mac Demarco will bring me back up

3. SPine

Trusted

After being disappointed in the bonnaroo lineup I think I'm going to try and make the trip for this

4. Matt

If you've never been to Boston Calling and are thinking about it, I highly recommend it. Very well done festival and the artists don't really ever overlap each other, at least in years past.

5. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

Where <are> the 40 somethings that want to remember Buffalo Tom?

6. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

Credit to Neil Nunziato:

Is this a concert or a zoo? Elephant, buffalo, rabbit, deer, wolf.......

7. Matt

pup

8. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Would you say it's worth traveling to? I'm debating between this and seeing Frank Ocean at Sasquatch

9. Matt

I'm a bad person to ask because I live in MA so I don't have to travel far. But if you like Boston or have never been, its definitely worth it.

10. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

Will we be able to buy 1 days tickets... and know who is playing that day?

11. Surfwax

bring on the major leagues Supporter

Fwiw, they moved the festival this year from government center (small and all paved) to the harvard athletic grounds (big, spread out, and mostly field) and added a third stage. So there probably will be more overlap this year than in years past as they now don't have to alternate between the two stages, but the overall experience should be significantly better.

If I remember right they do put one day passes on sale closer to the date, possibly when they announce who is playing on each day. That won't be for a while though.

12. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

Boy - good bands though.

13. natefoundglory

Trusted Supporter

I'd be willing to make the trek for this if I had the funds. Great lineup.

14. Matt

Favorite Boston calling performances? For me it's Vampire Weekend, The National, or when Childish Gambino performed after the tornado/storm came through the city lol

15. oldboot

Regular

I really hope there are one day passes available. I guess I am missing the boat on this line-up but I really just want to see Tool.

16. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

The more I think about it, the more I think I'm going to end up making the trip from Chicago. I really wanted to do Bonnaroo this year, but comparing the lineups I just can't justify it, plus I can turn this into a nice Memorial Day week East Coast trip, so it's a win win.

17. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

Didn't even realize this was MDW.

Glad I bought.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  18. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

19. matt & kim at the very first one because they are the quintessential summertime festival band, every song is fun, there were lots of balloons.

major lazer was also way more fun than I was expecting them to be, and then brand new just because it's brand new.

20. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Really want this to be my fest this year, just have to convince a few friends to road trip up there with me.

21. Xenocide

The Czar

I'm on the flip side of the whole Tool debacle - they're the reason why I bought a pass to the festival. You guys have it better though, since I'm completely unfamiliar with 80% of the lineup. I love Sigur Ros, Cage the Elephant, and Run the Jewels though.

22. Fronnyfron

Woke Up Right Handed Prestigious

Definitely check out Mac DeMarco, Car Seat Headrest, Whitney, The xx, and Chance the Rapper

cwhit likes this.
  23. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

and mitski and pup and the hotelier and moses sumney and solange and and and

Fronnyfron likes this.
  24. kidinthebushes

Trusted

The 1975 is playing on 5/27. They have headlining shows on the 26th and 28th.

Xenocide likes this.
  25. Matt

Nice investigative work! I cant waittttttt