Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Boston Calling 2017 Festival • Page 11

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by devenstonow, Jan 12, 2017.

1. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

If you have to, let me know. I think I might be able to make the trip now.

2. thisisnotbrianm

Regular

That top 8 is appealing enough to me to grab tickets for this tomorrow.

Would love to see a strong undercard, which is something that Boston Calling always is able to pull off. Really hoping that SZA is there.

3. BackwardsDuck

kcauQ

[​IMG]

4. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Holy shit this is the second year in a row I've been wowed by their lineup. One of the best fests in the country (at least in terms of line up) for sure

SPine likes this.
  5. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Had that Gaslight news not gotten my hopes up... I would be ecstatic about this. So I'm'a sit with that and just say, "Fuck yeah, I'm in!"

The Killers, Jack White, Queens of the Stone Age, the National, Paramore, St. Vincent, the Decemberists, Manchester Orchestra, Royal Blood, Pussy Riot, Julien Baker, the Menzingers, and Charly Bliss are all on my "must watch list."

...And Cameron Esposito and Tony Hinchcliffee for the comedy.

6. manoverboard365

Trusted

Finally a lineup with Julien Baker on it. Hopefully the Saturday lineup is solid and I'll drive up for the night.

7. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

holy fucking shit. what a fucking lineup.

8. cwhit

f
    funny thing is you didn't mention a single band on my favorite line on the whole thing

perfume genius/noname/alex g/big thief omg

Contender likes this.
  9. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Are you going?!

10. cwhit

waiting to see what the shaky knees lineup is first but might decide then

ALT/MSC/FAN likes this.
  11. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I mean, none of that is really my thing at all. I tried with Big Thief... But just couldn't get into it. Even if I was, not so sure I'd be stoked about seeing them play during the day in a wide-open field. Haha.

I love Julien Baker, and I'm even a little bit on the fence about watching her. I mean, obviously I will... But not quite the vibe I'm hoping for in a summer festival.

12. manoverboard365

Trusted

Just a heads up, I'm hearing that poster is fake. Apparently someone just took the confirmed top 8 and added it to last year's poster and filled in the rest of the names.

It does seem fishy that it's the exact same format as last year's poster. Guess we'll know for sure in 12 hours.

13. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Good point about the posters. But that's the best researched fake I've seen if it's a fake, haha.

It is weird that the graphic is essentially the same. I don't think they've done that before...

14. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

Don't know if that's legit, but pretty amazing if so. Can't imagine what Julien's set would be like at this festival though.

15. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Thinking on it? Feels faker. The literal backdrop of the poster is EXACTLY the same right down to the border and the little flourish in the back right. They usually switch up the border, etc.

Also: Last year they waited to announce the comedians for a few weeks, I think. No reason why they couldn't switch it up but...

Whatever. If it's real? I'm pleased. If it's fake? It's fake, and this person really put a LOT of time and energy into it.

16. cwhit

Crazy thing is there isn’t a single act that seems fake to me. Even coming down to an act like Citizen. Feels 100% legit

alkalinexandy likes this.
  17. cherrywaves

Trusted

Not like I’m gonna be in town for it anyway but I wish they threw on maybe one metal or hardcore band. Converge last year was awesome and generated some interesting reactions

18. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I had the same thought!

That being said... Last night, I plugged in "lineup.html" after the main URL and pressed refresh a couple of times like somebody said to do on Reddit? And eventually it popped up on my iPhone. And it matched what was on the leaked image.

I can't make it happen now, but I saw it with my own eyes. So. Unless Boston Calling was sick of their line-up leaking early every year and put together a fake one themselves... Haha.

19. SPine

Trusted

I plan on going for the full festival this year. Last year was a blast with my girlfriend for a day. Definitely need to find a bigger group. It was rough when we split at times because cell phones were useless. This lineup is amazing

20. Fronnyfron

Woke Up Right Handed Prestigious

Awesome lineup. I'm a little surprised there isn't more electronic music tbh

21. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

K I wanna go

22. dtnd

Gonna be a big year for Weakened Friends, don't sleep

alkalinexandy and SPine like this.
  23. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

That’s a solid lineup. Sad I’m missing it this year because I would have loved to see Alvvays, Julien Baker, etc. and Charly Bliss but that’s okay since I’ve seen them before.

I’ll let you guys know if I need to sell my ticket for face value on here

24. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I really want to go to this but can't 100% commit yet

alkalinexandy and SPine like this.
  25. this lineup fuckin' bangs, can't believe i'm gonna finally see eminem live

should we make a new thread?

edit: here ya go: Tour - Boston Calling 2018

JaytotheGee likes this.