Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Boston Calling 2017 Festival

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by devenstonow, Jan 12, 2017.

1. devenstonow Jan 12, 2017
    (Last edited: Mar 3, 2017)
    devenstonow

Noobie

May 26-28, 2017

Lineup:

New layout I'm guessing:

2. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

Lineup is amazing

3. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

4. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

yeah really great lineup, sucks i'm in boston literally the week after, if my conference started on like wednesday maybe i would have found justification to come up for it

5. this is actually much better than I was expecting

6. Surfwax Jan 12, 2017
    (Last edited: Jan 12, 2017)
    Surfwax

bring on the major leagues Supporter

Wow this is like...real festival level. I'm no Mumford fan and am completely unfamiliar with Tool but there's enough there that I might go for three days anyways. And this bodes incredibly well for future years. If we're going from two barely worth attending weekends a year to one legitimate festival and a fall beer fest every year this was an enormous upgrade.

7. thisisnotbrianm

Regular

My favorite festival lineup to be announced so far.

cwhit likes this.
  8. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

They could have just had Bon Iver headline instead of Mumford lmao

9. cwhit

even sigur ros is pretty headline caliber, haha. lineup is stacked (except on the top line).

Fronnyfron likes this.
  10. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

This is a better lineup than Bonnaroo. Unbelievable. I've been planning to go on a festival trip, and this might be the one. Chance, The XX, Bon Iver, Weezer, 1975, Cage the Elephant, Nathaniel Rateliff, Run the Jewels, Modern Baseball, Pup, Car Seat Headrest, Mitski, Run the Jewels... and those are just the artists I actively listen to, so add in Tool, Mumford & Sons, Sigur Ros, The Hotelier, Mac DeMarco, etc. who I'm sure put on great shows, and this is maybe the most stacked lineup I've seen.

Fronnyfron likes this.
  11. What a killer lineup. Gotta go this year.

12. Hope weekend passes go up soon. Was tempted to grab a 3 day even knowing its highly unlikely I can make it Friday

13. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

best festival line up imo.

edit: I mean... they got Natalie Portman and not the band about her haircut.

14. cwhit

piebald next to danny brown is pretty funny

scott likes this.
  15. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

I can probably only go to 1 day of this so I'm hoping Tool, The xx and Piebald are on the same date! Even 2 out of 3 would be cool haha

16. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

That's a damn solid lineup, probably my favorite along with Shaky Knees. Smaller fests are killing it this year compared to the bigger festivals. Mumford & Sons is the only stain on that lineup.

mattfreaksmeout and Emokid79 like this.
  17. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

This lineup is fucking fantastic. I haven't been so envious of a festival lineup in years.

18. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

whoa i was so amazed by the lineup i didn't even notice Hotelier / Piebald in the smaller type

19. devenstonow

Noobie

I'm more confused that Piebald/MoBo/Pup/Hotelier are billed in the order they're billed in. Missed Pup earlier too

20. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

welp i bought a three day pass. worth it to see xx, bon iver, chance, solange and sigur ros alone IMO. Lucy, Major lazer, whitney, danny brown, rtj, weezer, mitski and 1975 are all good bonuses.

21. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

Bought.

22. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

19 yr old daughter very excited for Cage, Weezer, 1975, and Hotelier. Gotta read this, and see who plays what day.... is it 3 days still?

23. kidinthebushes

Trusted

May 26-28.

24. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

St. Nate likes this.
  25. manoverboard365

Trusted

Really impressive lineup. Not a lot of acts but there is no filler.

I honestly don't care much for Tool or Mumford, but Bon Iver, Sigur Ros, The XX, Weezer, The 1975, Chance, Solange, Car Seat Headrest, Mitski, Modern Baseball, Run the Jewels, Tegan and Sara, Frightened Rabbit, Whitney.....damn. I'm going to Coachella and yet this smaller/cheaper fest has me all jealous haha.

cwhit likes this.