Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Booze Thread

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Ken, Dec 22, 2016.

1. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

Because the beer thread shouldn't have all the fun.

I'd start a wine thread too, but I think interest would be too low.

[​IMG]

These are some of my favorite whiskeys at the moment. It's hard to beat at it's price. My favorite bourbon is Blanton's, which can be really hard to find since being allocated. What does everyone else like?

Joe4th and Garrett L. like this.
  2. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

I like scotch and vodka

I don't drink often

Ken likes this.
  3. lish

Perpetually Cold Prestigious

I think I have like three nights of alcohol left and I don't want to buy anymore before I move because I probably won't finish it. So it's going to be a pretty dry January.

Although I did figure out that half an orange plus a couple of shots of bourbon = :heart:
    Also diet cran-grape with vodka = :heart:

Ken likes this.
  4. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

Favorite scotch? @Ken

5. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

do you like bourbon sours or old fashioneds?

6. lish

Haven't tried either of them. I want to try a Manhattan, but I haven't had a chance. Maybe now that I'll be living in an area with Uber, I can actually drink in bars and not worry about it.

7. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Mmm chocolate vodka brownie bake melt cookies.

lish and Ken like this.
  8. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

I really don't know enough about scotch. Blue Label is really good, but as it's a blend, I tend to think lesser of it than a really old Macallan. I usually stick with Macallan when I want a nice scotch. Dewars white label sn't bad for its price. Same with the Famous Grouse.

9. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

I know I don't make old fashioneds exactly the right way, but I essentially throw an orange slice, a cherry, a dash of sugar, and a few drops of bitters into a glass... muddle that up and then top with bourbon and a splash of club soda. I think you'd really like that.

lish likes this.
  10. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

Try Glenmorangie. It's my go to treat yo self drink. It's not tooooo terribly expensive and it's delicious.

Ken likes this.
  11. lish

My dad likes that one

I had a sip of Macallan 18 year... So goddamn good.

Ken and dadbolt like this.
  12. lish

That sounds tasty. Can I drop the soda and sub splenda and not make it too weird?

13. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

Yeah, feel free to replace the soda with a splash of water!

lish likes this.
  14. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

Is there a specific year you suggest?

15. kassie09

Regular

Bulleit is my go to. A local bar smokes whiskey and while it's pretty gimmicky, it's good.

Otherwise gin n club soda (limes only) or vodka n club soda (lemons only). Fuck tonic water it's trash.

lish likes this.
  16. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

All about whiskey. I picked up a fifth of Buffalo Trace a couple of weekends ago and I'm loving it.

lish and Ken like this.
  17. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

Reported

lish likes this.
  18. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

Unless I'm on a trip or something, I consume alcohol once, maybe twice a month. My go-to is usually Blue Moon or a shot of whiskey or vodka. I mentioned Irish Car Bombs in the drunk thread - my cousin showed me them recently and I will definitely be having more in the future.

Ken likes this.
  19. Derek Wright

Regular Prestigious

My go to.
    upload_2016-12-24_12-43-6.png upload_2016-12-24_12-43-20.png

Ken and Joe4th like this.
  20. lish

Looking for something smooth and tasty in the bourbon/whiskey family for tonight. Hoping to buy a small bottle (rather than the normal 750ml), but in the $20 range.

Any suggestions?