Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Booksmart (Olivia Wilde; May 24, 2019) Movie • Page 9

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by OhTheWater, Mar 11, 2019.

1. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

i don't either

DrAlanGrant likes this.
  2. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

I had no issue with the beginning. I enjoyed the interactions between all the kids

3. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Think some people have been going overboard with how slow this starts. Like, I've been saying that too, but I mostly meant the first 10 or so minutes if even that, not the majority of the first act or anything

4. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

former friend more like

5. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

I had no problem with the beginning. They did a good job at introducing all of the characters and setting up everything for the rest of the film. I don't know what else they could have done with it to make it better for those that thought it was boring

bradsonemanband likes this.
  6. yeah the pacing of the movie's beginning is fine and actually pretty great.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  7. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

Billie Lourd was soooooo good in this. She needs more comedy roles. Just her mannerisms and the way she talks and moves. She's wonderful.

8. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

If people are turning it off after seeing a great joke like “Shakespeare in the Park-ing Lot” then they deserve nothing but reboots and sequels.

K0ta, Lucas27, stayillogical and 11 others like this.
  9. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

Same goes for Barthelona.

10. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

A lot of those people are probably okay with that, sadly

11. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

I have a secret for you. I once tried to masturbate with an electric toothbrush, but I got a horrible UTI.

12. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

I wish that would have been a secret, but you’ve mentioned it many, many times

13. Jake Gyllenhaal

Prepare to get bashed! In a fun way, like consensually bashed, I mean. Consensually bashed, it should say. Prepare to get consensually bashed.

14. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Keep going with these quotes, y’all. They make me want to rewatch the movie.

Maybevictor likes this.
  15. Jake Gyllenhaal

There's nothing more exciting and daunting than the blank page. Oh, that's good. Maybe I'll do a book of quotes.

16. Olivia said on a talk show that they were off book the entire time iirc? I wonder which lines were improvised that made it into the final cut.

xapplexpiex likes this.
  17. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

Was that Cardi B?

18. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Well fuck those losers. Fuck them in their stupid fucking faces.

19. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

[​IMG]

20. shea

RIP Supporter

Wife and I just got out of this and we both absolutely adored it. I hope it picks up traction with all these endorsements it’s gotten this week.

Jake Gyllenhaal likes this.
  21. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

I listened to a podcast with the cast and they said that Amy and Molly's lines with each other were pretty much all written because they wanted them to be able to nail the friendship and always having quick responses to each other but a lot of the other kids lines were improv'd, and pretty much all of Billie Lourd's stuff was.

‘Booksmart’ Bonanza and the Best High School Movies, With Olivia Wilde, Beanie Feldstein, and More

AWasteOfATime likes this.
  22. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Looks like this made about $3 million. Probably gonna make maybe $20 million total. By comparison, “Long Shot” made about $30 million in the US. It’s tough for indie comedies rn.

23. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

bravo

24. Maybevictor Jun 2, 2019
    (Last edited: Jun 2, 2019)
    Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Was looking at other similar box office numbers and it is wild that Blockers did 60
    Domestic and 90 worldwide with a 20mil opening weekend and game night did almost 70mil domestic with a 17mil opening weekend. I know those were a lot bigger productions / marketing pushes but the release date / lack of competition seems to make a huge difference

Zilla likes this.
  25. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

The May 24th release date choice is definitely a little odd.