Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Booksmart (Olivia Wilde; May 24, 2019) Movie • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by OhTheWater, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Oh, for sure, that scene was amazing. The way it's one really long shot really contrasts with the way the rest of the movie is edited and it was wonderfully done. I just think, as a whole, Lady Bird and Edge of Seventeen were, idk, heavier tonally?

Zilla likes this.
  2. I wanna see this again.

The only other movie I've seen more than once with A-List was Spider-Verse, which I saw four times.

I didn't even see Endgame more than once.

I wanna see this again.

Jonathan and Zilla like this.
  3. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Really want to get out to see this this weekend.

4. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

This is only going to be at a super obscure theater on the other side of town for at least the first week. Really hope it comes closer soon so I don’t have to go all the way out there. Every review just gets me more and more excited.

5. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Gonna see this on Friday, I’m so pumped.

6. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

The first six minutes of this being posted to YouTube make me even more excited to see it again.

8. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Totally agree. One of the things I liked about this, compared to EOS and Lady Bird, was that it was a little lighter. Just personally speaking, both of those had some very heavy, traumatic moments that made it more cathartic when they overcame them. But because of that, I couldn't watch either with my girlfriend because it triggered some pretty rough moments from her past. With this, I'm happy I can take her to a movie in that vein that's still poignant and emotional, but without having to worry about those emotions being dredged up.

Serh likes this.
  9. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Honestly, the first six or so minutes might actually be the worst in the entire film. That's really my only issue here, that it takes just a smidge for things to get going. But after that, it's off to the races and doesn't let up until the end

10. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Anyway, I'm back at it again on Wednesday. Hoping the crowd this time's actually alive for the whole thing

11. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

its really just an updated version of Superbad, but like, even better.

ok so i watched this with my friend thats a substitute teacher who drives uber on the side, so when principal sudekis showed up driving the lyft, it annihilated him

coleslawed likes this.
  12. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

I really can't wait to see this. Is it only in theaters or is it on VOD somewhere?

13. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

14. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

At least as good the second time. Caught stuff I missed before, possibly because I laughed over it

15. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

I defo want to watch it again, I feel like there were a ton of dialogue and jokes that I missed because the audience was losing their minds, especially in the first half

16. dqwinny

THRILLHOUSE Supporter

so this kicked ass

the direction and soundtrack are so good!

the leads are phenomenal

I loved it

Jonathan, AWasteOfATime and Zilla like this.
  17. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

2pm on Saturday!

18. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Of course his name had to be Jared.

19. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

What was in the cup/drink that made her puke?

20. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

something I've been thinking about is how this movie made the broad stuff feel not too broad or forced with Gigi and Mike O'Brien and Amy with the panda and Hope

21. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Perfect use of Perfume Genius as well tbh

22. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Cigarette butts

Jonathan and jkauf like this.
  23. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Movie was great! I laughed a lot and the actress who played Amy was captivating. Always happy to see J Suds and Will Forte hanging around too!

24. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I fuckinggggg loved this. Also Olivia Wilde is a director holy shit.

Jonathan likes this.
  25. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

That’s not “OLIVIA WILDE is a director, holy shit” it’s “Olivia Wilde is a DIRECTOR, holy shit.”

coleslawed and Jonathan like this.