Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Booksmart (Olivia Wilde; May 24, 2019) Movie • Page 13

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by OhTheWater, Mar 11, 2019.

1. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

It’s been out of my theater for almost two weeks now :/

2. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Still selling super well here in Austin but I’m guessing Toy story and Child’s play will reduce it to one or two screenings a day.

3. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

Just saw this over the weekend and really enjoyed it. There's some good laughs throughout. (Billie Lourd is the best.) I didn't really like the aspect of all the kids getting into Ivy League schools. I think it could've been done better with just one of the partying kids (Triple A makes the most sense IMO) or just incite the reaction from Molly a different way. Either way, it was still a great movie and I'll definitely watch it again soon.

Jake Gyllenhaal likes this.
  4. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

People still buy these? I'm too lazy to even put one in.

imthesheriff likes this.
  5. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

I’m currently in the process of moving and have probably around 150 ish. It is infuriating as I never even touch them anymore haha

6. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

I moved last year and had SHELVES of all my DVDs and Blu-rays. I got rid of movies I don't care for anymore and all the rest I moved the discs to a big carrying case and got rid of the plastic cases.

7. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

Man, I’ve got all of mine on a hard drive. Easiest way to manage them these days.

8. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

mad, Zilla, imthesheriff and 6 others like this.
  9. Jake Gyllenhaal and xapplexpiex like this.
  10. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

Lindsey knows what is up.

BackyardHero11, Zilla and xapplexpiex like this.
  11. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Wild that this is still showing here and still selling really well on the weekends. Sad the summer movie hype moved on but now I wanna go see it again.

12. Jake Gyllenhaal

Fixed

13. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Woah Rhye!

14. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I want this to be super successful and for people who need it to see it many, many times but... it didn’t do much for me. I laughed but there were more misses than hits. The teacher fucking the kid was suuuuuuuper weird and Gigi was pretty bad. I felt like it fluctuated tonally in a way that was uneven. Parts were generally unbelievable in a way that wasn't normal comedy movie unbelievable.

With that being said, I love the leads and think Wilde is a good director. The pool scene into the argument was pretty masterful. I loved that.

I’m happy other people like it, though.

15. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

The soundtrack ruled at least!

16. Jake Gyllenhaal

Once the dialogue cut out during their fight my immediate thought was Amy was gonna mouth “fuck you” to Molly. Then the opposite happened.

17. Night Channels

Trusted

Blimp City Hero and Whalejaw like this.
  18. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Eh, I don't agree but I see how someone wouldn't like her there

19. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

lol what was her character? "Oh my god she's like, so random!" I'll pass, and I like Billie Lourd.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  20. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I thought she was very funny but also felt somewhat out of place in an otherwise very grounded film.

The teacher/student plot is still the only thing I truly disliked.

jkauf likes this.
  21. mad

I was right. Prestigious

agreed on all counts

imthesheriff likes this.
  22. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

I still feel like this right up there with some of the best high school movies, but I get not feeling the high school teacher thing. Gigi felt like a continuation of the more outlandish aspects of high school comedies, like Drunk Girl in "Can't Hardly Wait" and the cops in "Superbad."

23. Jake Gyllenhaal

Neighbors 2 is on TV right now and I keep forgetting this where I first saw Beenie

maryp1603, JRGComedy and imthesheriff like this.
  24. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Her and Awkwafina

25. Jake Gyllenhaal

I came back to say I just recognized her now!