Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Booksmart (Olivia Wilde; May 24, 2019) Movie • Page 10

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by OhTheWater, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

My guess is maybe they were trying to time it with graduations or when there weren’t any other comedies out. It’s an odd one.

trevorshmevor and Maybevictor like this.
  2. Iain

Regular

I really enjoyed this film! I think i may have went in with some super high expectations though.

3. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Keep in mind the two leads weren’t household names

Zilla likes this.
  4. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Loved this loved this loved this. Wow. Beanie & Kaitlyn are both such incredible talents with amazing chemistry, and Billie Lourd stole the movie. Lisa Kudrow and Will Forte are pitch perfect in both their scenes. Truly loved this film; it ends the decade on a wonderful note as one of the best comedies outright.

Had a good crowd show up for this, too, which is awesome to see.

5. BackyardHero11

Trusted

loved this. so well done, fun, unique. the leads were definitely great, but so many gems in the side characters

michael_gatto and GBlades like this.
  6. GBlades

Trusted

Those were 2 of the best leads I've seen in comedy for a while. They were definitely comfortable and happy around each other.

BackyardHero11 likes this.
  7. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

The argument scene at the party was excellent. It felt so damn real

8. BackyardHero11

Trusted

yes!

9. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

So Ive been checking box officee every day rooting for this movie because I loved it so much and wiki finally updated the production budget at 6 million. If thats true and its made 14 million its defintiely not a failure. Still shouldve been handled better by Annapurna and probably couldve made more money but Im satisfied.

10. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

K0ta, BackyardHero11, Dodger and 5 others like this.
  11. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

I love Matt Singer.

12. Jake Gyllenhaal

Fuck, should have saved my ticket stub

chewbacca110 likes this.
  13. Mrplum5089 and DrAlanGrant like this.
  14. Where do you go to get it to look like that???

15. Wallet on my iPhone

16. Ah damn I'm on Android. I wonder if I can do anything similar...

17. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Paper tickets for life!

imthesheriff, Dodger and DickyCullz like this.
  18. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I always print off a paper ticket at the cinema despite the digital one being on my phone. I don't even know why... in case my phone breaks or runs out of battery unexpectedly? I am a peculiar human being.

19. Jake Gyllenhaal

Couple years ago I came across a little safe I had as a kid where I had saved all my ticket stubs from middle school/high school. Star Wars Episode I, Air Force One, Lost World Jurassic Park, Beverly Hills Ninja

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  20. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

I finally saw this movie last night and I wrote a quick summary of my thoughts down in a Twitter thread. It was very emotional for me, I really needed this movie as a teenager but grew up with the abusively heteronormative romantic teen comedies of the aughts. It's about time we got here, especially for any kids out there who are struggling with these things because everything is handled tenderly and real! I also laughed so much throughout the whole film, truly one of the most genuinely funny movies I have ever seen.

:down:

21. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

K0ta and EASheartsVinyl like this.
  22. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

That “Room of One’s Own” sign was such a perfect little funny touch that said a ton about the character in an instant.

23. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

Saw this last night, and it's just as amazing as everyone says it is.

I feel like as a teacher in Los Angeles some of the jokes in the film hit me extra hard. The scene with the principal driving the Lyft car had me in stitches.

24. Jake Gyllenhaal

There's nothing more exciting and daunting than the blank page. Oh, that's good. Maybe I'll do a book of quotes.

Zilla likes this.
  25. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

... I literally have a "quote of the week" every week on my classroom's whiteboard, and from time to time I'll make my own up when I think it's worth sharing.

stayillogical and AWasteOfATime like this.