Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bonnaroo 2020 Tour • Page 3

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by manoverboard365, Jan 7, 2020.

1. somethingwitty

Trusted

I think the issue is the remainder of his touring band and crew as they're scattered around the world. I believe their bass player spent the pandemic in Italy and just recently posted on his IG stories that he travelling to Mexico this week.

2. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

3. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

Wish we could stop with this negative test nonsense and just require full vaccine but baby steps I guess.

4. bkaeser93

Trusted

Im vax and I don’t agree with this. Getting the vax doesn’t stop you from getting it and or spreading it just helps lower symptoms and chances of hospitalization if you do happen to get it. I’m for people choosing what they want to do with their body so I think they if they don’t wanna get and show the negative test it should be fine

5. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Getting the vaccine DOES lower transmission rates though so a festival full of fully vaccinated people is MUCH better than a festival where there are a mix of vaccinated and unvaccinated people.

alkalinexandy and riotspray like this.
  6. Phil507

Nope. You are more than welcome to make a choice with what to do with your body but private bussinesses/events are also free to dictate their requirements.

riotspray and Knifeparty like this.
  7. somethingwitty

Trusted

Deadmau5 now has North Coast Fest and Bonnaroo listed on his website for 9/5. Have a feeling one of these sets isn't happening.

8. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Yeah I’m all for choosing what you want to put in your body, but when it affects public health and other people you can’t bitch when businesses and events try to protect its customers. It’s a liability for them and everyone attending that your unvaccinated ass wants to risk getting yourself and other unvaccinated people sick at everyone else’s expense.

9. Cmoney86

Trusted

Daily schedules are out

10. manoverboard365

Trusted

I guess those rumors of a headliners having to cancel were fake.

11. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

My running theory is someone (probably Lizzo) was intending to drop out unless they implemented covid standards, but since they did, they decided to stay on? Or the rumor was simply a rumor.

12. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Or the alternative is they're trying to lock down the replacement but didn't want to keep holding the schedule back. Still, that would be kind of shady imo

13. Cmoney86

Trusted

With all the bad weather headed towards the camp grounds site this is going to be a disaster if it still happens. They are reducing camping and offering refunds through tomorrow night

14. Cmoney86

Trusted

15. Phil507

I wonder how many more years we'll get out of music festivals at this point given that heavy rain storms are just more and more common and trying to plan a 3-4 day event banking on good weather is just becoming more and more unlikely these days.

16. Cmoney86

Trusted

I don’t think they are going anywhere. Also it depends on when they are being held. Lolla and riot fest in Chicago have been lucky the last couple of years with no rain. Last time lolla for rain was muse/lorde 2017. I don’t think riot has gotten rain since like that same year. But you are right a lot of fest get hit. But weather is unpredictable so… I’m pretty sure this doesn’t make much sense I’m half asleep and super tired

alkalinexandy likes this.
  17. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

18. somethingwitty

Trusted

Festive Owl is usually talking out of his ass…but this def isn’t looking good. I know lots of people that took the refund, hopefully they get a better idea of how many people they need camping for and can make it work.

19. manoverboard365

Trusted

Wow, according to Festival Owl it's been cancelled.

That's so sad, after 2020 postponement then cancellation, then 2021 postponement, all the artists who had to drop off and the scrambling for last minute replacements. And in the end a storm rips through. That's gotta be devastating for everyone involved.
    I feel bad for every festival organizer this year.

20. heymattrick

Sending my love

I feel terrible for everyone that was going. I know how much weekends like this mean to people. Having said that, reading the comments is a dose of entertainment I wasn’t expecting this afternoon.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  21. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

paythetab likes this.
  22. m32137

Regular

My brother-in-law had just picked up his RV rental when he got the news. He’s so bummed.

23. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

We don’t get any rain out here.

24. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

did they consider simply allowing the field to dry

Xpertguy5 and heymattrick like this.
  25. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I’m crushed lol guess it’s fine :(