Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bonnaroo 2019 Tour • Page 2

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by manoverboard365, Jan 8, 2019.

1. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

I’m just being grumpy, I have a lot of disdain for jam bands though. I just don’t care for the fact that it all rests on technicality, and there’s no songwriting abilities. I’d rather watch a band play their songs, with lyrics I connect with, than watch a band fiddle around on their instruments for 3+ hours.

2. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

So your name is “anyone”?

I get what you’re saying, I’m not the biggest fan of jam bands either. I can’t listen to any of their albums, but I’ll see them live and can take a step back to appreciate the technicality...it’s extremely impressive. I had the same mindset as you like 3 years ago tho lol

Drewski and justin. like this.
  3. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I’d rather have Phish than Primus.

4. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

I will have no disrespect for the band that created Jerry Was a Racecar Driver in this thread

marsvoltamcr, dilleo and Skoke like this.
  5. Skoke

Regular

Primus sucks. Les Claypool is OG mayor of Bonnaroo

justin. likes this.
  6. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

The bands that encompass the Absolute Punk/Chorus scene will always be my bread and butter. They were crucial to my formative years and shaping my tastes, and they still bring me great joy. I generally agree with you that most jam bands are pretty bland and derivative—in terms of active jam bands I really only go out of my way to see Phish (67 times), The Disco Biscuits and Joe Russo's Almost Dead.

But man, I just can't agree with lumping Phish in with jam bands or ANY other band. I will go to my grave believing that the Baker's Dozen—13 shows in 17 nights at Madison Square Garden with 237 different songs played and no repeats—is one of the most incredible feats accomplished by any musician or band ever. Who else can do that? Absolutely no one.

7. marceting

Trusted

Any of ya'll going? The brand I work on is doing something down there so I'll be attending/working for the 4 days.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.